News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid SnowCrash

Started by uzqap, June 13, 2010, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzqap

This is the first hack for Super Metroid I have made. It has started under the name "Super Metroid Try_to_edit". I changed a little bit here and there, simply trying to edit stuff with smile. I think it is finished now. The new name is word random picked from a random wikipedia article.
I would be pleased to see my hack on this site.  :grin:

SPECIAL THANKS
Jayths.............................smile, hex (6E37D) and credit shield
Black Falcon.....................hex (9826B, 20717 ?)
P.JBoy and shadow34370....tutorials

Item Progress
[spoiler]
morph ball -> bombs -> missiles -> super missiles -> charge -> spazer -> high jump boots -> ice -> power bomb -> varia -> wave -> grapple -> gravity -> space jump, speed booster, spring ball ->screw attack, x-ray
[/spoiler]

Attachments
The .rar file contains 1 .txt, 2 .jpg and 2 .ips files.   sorry the [uh] is screwed
The .jpg file should be that image should be shown above.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Riffman81

A new hack! :yay: I'll give it a play and leave some feedback later on...

EDIT: Ok, gave it a play. The spikes by the morphing ball are well.... quite annoying considering that item is an invaluable item when trying to progress in the game. I know this is your first SM hack. But in all fairness... it could use a some work. Although I didn't play very long, it seems most of the original structure of the game was left intact. Did you move any items in the game? Because most of the ones I found were where they always are in the original. Aside from a few level edits, it's the original game. I'd keep working on it...

Xaggoth

Garbled powerbomb door tiles on my gauntlet entry.  UH.

P.JBoy

This hack has a great name, if you need any help, don't forget to come onto metconst's IRC channel

xKonvicted

THE RECESSION IS OVER! Definitely giving this a go. From the Screenshots the varia suit room? won me over Lol

uzqap

@Riffman81 I only had edit a little bit just to get started with smile, it's pretty much stayed the original SM. I only moved 5 items to other rooms.

@Xaggoth thanks for finding that bug.

@P.JBoy it was really picked random it's a drug in a movie called "Snow Crash".

@xKonvicted I like that room too, but there is no other like it. Four of the screenis were made to be hints and the other screenis are just for the eye.

gunnargumpert

Wenn ich zeit habe, werde ich es mal testen - sieht interresant aus! (Eng.: If i've time, i'll test it, it looks interresting)

X-tradyte

It Does Look Interesting, I'll Try It Later.  :^_^: