News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Epsilon

Started by Katelyn, June 22, 2010, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

Its pretty great overall, but I always do my best to point out the little stuff, to make it even better. :D

First off, the white in the ripped tiles has GOT to go, it really stands out, and makes the transition into vanilla tiles alot more obvious.
Second, the grassy hole that bugs fly out off, it really seems out of place, but that might be due to how dark it is. Compare it to the grass next to it, which has a brighter color scheme. Perhaps just manually editing it tlp to use the brighter greens is all you need.
Lastly, it seems abit lacking in detail things like the pipes, grass, etc. but this is not nearly as important, and I can see why you would not want to add that.

Otherwise, like I said, great room. Keep it up buddy.

Lunaria

Great room, great tiles, a bit less on the bad side in terms of palette. :<

I recommend removing the "u" shaped bush as it looks both out of place and ugly, if you know what I mean.

Quietus

The only other thing I'd point out is the transition between the shades of filler tile.  They all have square edges, and there's no reason not to have diagonal half-n-half tiles to help the blend.

Lunaria

To be fair, Quietus, you won't really notice that or be bothered by it in-game as you're busy playing the game.

Moderndayzero

the room looks awesome but those rocks are from another game yes? just ripped GFX? i know i did that once for my other hack that i lost.
i took a still shot from one of the metroids for GBA "i cant remember which now" and sent the screen shot to paint zoomed in to max and broke them into 8x8 squares then drew them in with TLP.

Katelyn

Moderndayzero: I have 2 answers to that question. I ripped them from a hack called "First Horizon" by some Japanese guy, but later in IRC, GF_Kennon pointed out that they are modified tiles from Sector 1 in Fusion.

Moderndayzero

ah i knew i had seen them somewhere before. they are nice clean cut tiles.
very nice tiles to use.

squishy_ichigo

locked per request of Shadox
hope you jerks are happy

Zhs2

He could have locked it himself... >_>