News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Epsilon

Started by Katelyn, June 22, 2010, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katelyn

Read all posts before posting.

Super Metroid: Epsilon

It was written in Chozo lore,
that thereis a planet besides SR388 that can support
metroid life.
Scientists have recently found this planet.
It's name is...Epsilon.
So, they have sent Samus Aran to
investigate the metroids on planet Epsilon.
But what if the Space Pirates have already landed?
What if Samus is too late?

About this hack:
This is a full hack of Super Metroid (Dur) with new palettes and some new graphics. This hack started out as a half hack, but was converted into a full hack due to reasons. This hack will have new physics and other things. I will be doing a closed beta test, and don't ask to be a beta tester. The planet name and story may change later down the road. Well, the planet name for sure. I also tend to restart my hacks a lot due to me learning more ways to make good designs. Also, this hack is NOT a "Learn 2 SMILE" hack, or at least, I HOPE it won't be...

This also means that those two screen shots won't appear in my hack! :awesome:

Screen shots:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"LoL u DoIn dEmo pl0x?"
Quick Answer: No.

"wHY dOes u HaZ 2 pICz?"
Answer: Because im not gonna give out my entire hack in pictures :P

"hEy U useinG A sYmbOL fOR yOur HaxX nAMe1 u coPYD Silver_Skree! >:("
Answer: This hack has nothing to do with Silver_Skree's hack. Most people wouldnt ask this question, but whatever.

"hEY cNa i bE beetA teStER??/?"
Answer: Stop asking. >_>

"HeY waNT tO makE a hACk wItH mEe???//
Answer: lolno.

"heeeEY SHaoDx cna i haZ uR pAlLet?"
Answer: No. And it's not mine.

Credits/Special Thanks:
Bloodsonic, for my palette.
James/GF_Kennon, for tilesets.
Grime, for tilesets.
(Notice: This list will get longer as time goes on.)

Shadox~

SirAileron

I'm liking the geometry of your geography. There's a fair amount of detail, as well as attention to aesthetics, along with clarity. It's got promise, methinks.

gunnargumpert

oh my goodnes! i love the level design:

-Awsome Palette
-Metroid Redesign door looks better than the original
-Your skills are also awsome

only 1 thing: your room has to much "free space" it'll be to dífficult, to play the room, if there are to many ways, because of a lot of air. hard to explain, but you maybe know, what i mean?

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: gunnargumpert on June 25, 2010, 10:25:31 AM
only 1 thing: your room has to much "free space" it'll be to dífficult, to play the room, if there are to many ways, because of a lot of air. hard to explain, but you maybe know, what i mean?

What the hell are you talking about?

ProjectXVIII

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on June 25, 2010, 10:46:50 AM

I think he's trying to say that there aren't enough platforms in the air to jump over to other parts of the room...Atleast I think that's what he's trying to say.  >_>

gunnargumpert

Quote from: Project XVIII on June 25, 2010, 12:36:59 PM
Quote from: squishy_ichigo on June 25, 2010, 10:46:50 AM

I think he's trying to say that there aren't enough platforms in the air to jump over to other parts of the room...Atleast I think that's what he's trying to say.  >_>

hell yay! that's what i'm talking about, thanks to explain it in real english!

Katelyn

Ok, so I kinda broke my big room, so I'm going to have to remake it.  :(

And it was very much possible to get everywhere you needed to get to in that room.

Edit: If you are wondering how I broke the room, I broke the level data pointer. So i just opened up a clean rom, then opened up my hack, hit save room, and it room was reset.
It still does suck though :(

X-tradyte

That's disgraceful (the broke room), other than that excellent graphics, doors look awesome and room designs are good hope you can make it again! :D Keep it up and keep trying   

Silver Skree

Quote from: SirAileron on June 22, 2010, 10:12:46 PM
I'm liking the geometry of your geography. There's a fair amount of detail, as well as attention to aesthetics, along with clarity. It's got promise, methinks.
Exactly this. I look forward to a demo of this, if you choose to release one.

Katelyn

[This post will have stuff in it later.]

gunnargumpert

of corse we want a demo! we need to test everything and than we can tell you, what should be fixed. no hacker is doing everything right - not Digital Mantra, noz Drewseph.

It would be better for us to test it, before finaly releasing.

squishy_ichigo

X-tradyte

Lol @ Squishy

But Yeah, I'd want A Demo. You Get To show People What You Got Done On Your Hack :)

Lunaria

I suggest you run closed beta testing instead from someone you know will do a good bug fix as well as play test feedback. Out of all my beta testers there is really only one that have given me any play test feedback to work with. (Not to mention he found most bugs.)

Unless you really, really want to run a demo, I suggest you don't do it.

Quietus

Quote from: Crys on June 28, 2010, 09:11:06 AM
I suggest you run closed beta testing instead from someone you know will do a good bug fix as well as play test feedback. Out of all my beta testers there is really only one that have given me any play test feedback to work with. (Not to mention he found most bugs.)

Unless you really, really want to run a demo, I suggest you don't do it.

Pretty much echoing Crys here.  The idea of bug-finding is exactly what beta stages are for, and there's no need for it to be spread aorund before this time.  Worst case is somebody leaking your hack elsewhere, and it getting spread around defective, so that when it IS finished, people avoid it as 'that buggy hack'.

Katelyn

To all the people who didnt read my 2nd post: I'm not doing a demo. I will do beta testing, but it will be to only a few people.

Phazar

Why did I happen to see this after watching so much Red vs Blue lately?  Makes me think the hack was named after Epsilon from there.  Anyway, looks great so far, so keep it up!

X-tradyte

That's True, If People Don't Want A Demo They Don't. It's Ok, Not Like The Roms Destroyed Forever. We'll Get Our Chance To Play It.  :wink:

Katelyn

BUMP: I just restarted my hack.

Not that something happened, I just didn't like the way I was making it.

X-tradyte

I hope it's better the way you like it. I'm supporting you Dude, you need anything just PM me and I'll will/see if I can help.

Katelyn

New room for you guys to look at :awesome:

[spoiler=Room][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

Nice room, Neat palette, Looks a lot like Grimes tileset, Nice job. Hope there's more rooms like this.

Katelyn

That's because it is Grime's tileset. :P

Read the credits on the 1st post.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Shadox on June 22, 2010, 09:31:44 PM
Bloodsonic, for my palette.
James/GF_Kennon, for tilesets.
Grime, for tilesets.
(Notice: This list will get longer as time goes on.)

Shadox~
Oh, Didn't read it. xD Anyhow, have good luck on your hack :^_^:

Katelyn

*BUMP*

Sorry for the lack of work this past week, been down at Florida.

Anyway, about the story I planned for this hack...

It will be changed. Quite a bit, might I add. The story I have currently up is mostly just a filler.
My final story will be very different from my filler. So don't think of the story that much until I finish it. :P

The main reason I posted this was because I have another room. ~
I bet DarkSamus will be the first to respond if he was on. '>_>
[spoiler][/spoiler]