News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid darkness test demo

Started by stat!k, June 24, 2010, 07:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzqap

@gunnargumpert  Schau doch mal mein Avatarbildchen an hoffentlich sagt dir Österreich etwas  :lol: [<= language German]

[spoiler]
Quote from: gunnargumpert on June 25, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

[/spoiler]
First row in the picture above (hidden by spoiler) is not the solution, because
1)you can still glitch through a one block floor
2)if there are more than one row solid and you have not bombs or spring ball  its a Permastuck

Solution: Avoid 1,5 and 2,5 heights completely  and 2,0 if there is a one block ceiling or floor
[slope is 0,5   solid is 1]

personitis

I must admit, Gunnar did point out some rather common newbie mistakes... I think I'll take a proper beta test of this hack for now... since I'm rather bored.

gunnargumpert

Quote from: uzqap on June 25, 2010, 06:27:58 PM
@gunnargumpert  Schau doch mal mein Avatarbildchen an hoffentlich sagt dir Österreich etwas  :lol: [<= language German]

[spoiler]
Quote from: gunnargumpert on June 25, 2010, 05:41:33 PM

[/spoiler]
First row in the picture above (hidden by spoiler) is not the solution, because
1)you can still glitch through a one block floor
2)if there are more than one row solid and you have not bombs or spring ball  its a Permastuck

Solution: Avoid 1,5 and 2,5 heights completely  and 2,0 if there is a one block ceiling or floor
[slope is 0,5   solid is 1]

schön, mal einen "deutschen" auf metconst zu sehen - ich dachte ich wäre der einzige. willkommen!

also, durch festen boden kann man nicht von oben durchglichen - das geht nur von unten. ich habe das auch schon ge-TASt in redesign. und zwar an der stelle, wo saturn genau wie ich vom grapple beam raum zu ridley vorgestoßen ist. durchglichen kann man aber, wenn über dem 1 block zu wenig platz ist und  man sich "de-morpht" (wie in meinem testvideo).

@stat!k: if you just need help, i'm there for you.

i can fix nearly every noob mistake in the world. (but don't think, i'll make a full room for you :^_^:)

just say hello to me and i'll answer all your questions.

don't give up, it's hard to start hacking, but it'll be very easy soon!

stat!k

Quote from: gunnargumpert on June 25, 2010, 12:26:19 PM
Super Metroid Darkness Test - TAS

You can see Bug's with Slopes, and (sorry) many graphical problems.

Enjoy!

nice run, i am aware of the door problems, someone (forget the name) posted a fix for it and many other problems, one issue i noticed though with everyone who posted screen shots is your getting power bombs far far to early, there supposed to be retrieved after gravity suit , my goal with this is that you weren't supposed to need to use any fancy tricks except for wall jumping to complete this, you people have to much skill! ill have to rethink the power bombs, maybe replace them with super missiles and put norm ones where all the other super missiles are and swap around door colours?
digi-mantra, i knew that =P but thanks anyway
uzquap, your not supposed to be able to kill metroids the first run through of that room, only freeze em and run for it! although i will fix that door
everyone, thanks for the help, ill take everything you have said into consideration :^_^:

picture of new landing site, i have also completed entrance cave and the water area with grappling beam
[spoiler][/spoiler]
im still working on some things to fix permastucks and graphical things.

X-tradyte

Very Nice Work, Stat!k. This hack is coming along good, I'll help too.
If you need anything, I'm here as well. I'm In the making of a hack too,
surly it is hard to create new things...

Anyhow, I'm there with you all the way.

Keep it coming  :wink:

stat!k

thanks =) for me the hardest bit is fixing all the problems, and applying my ideas. I'm sure ill call on you for help at one point or another

X-tradyte

:lol: Okay, Just PM me when you need help.

gunnargumpert

Quote from: stat!k on June 27, 2010, 12:34:58 AM
im still working on some things to fix permastucks and graphical things.

Landing zone: You need 1 block row at the left, right, top and bottom. ore you can fall trough the wall and you'll get crashes of some sort. you also should fix the scroll (red, if you shouldn't enter the screen.)

Quietus

stat!k: You have lots of odd BTS usage going on in that screenshot.  What's with all of the 01s everywhere?  You don't need a square block behind a ramp if the ramp's up against a wall.  You also have square BTS blocks in corners in a lof of areas, but these aren't necessary.

Gunnar's right about the red scroll.  The red scroll area means that it won't scroll at all, so having areas within it that you can get into is not a good idea.

X-tradyte

I Think That your landing site is kinda flat, Maybe give it some Variety of tiles to sum it up a little, also give it some color, In case you don't know how I'll tell you, --> Tools -> Graphics Editor -> Palette Editor on the left side (<-) And Go to #4 -> Change color -> Palette -> Save. Thats It!

Also Try not to Use Toooooo Much Grass, And to Change BTS Values Use Your #'s On the Keyboard.