News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Project TSM

Started by wickedclown, June 14, 2010, 02:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickedclown

I have not been working on this long so do not expect much. I would like some feedback on my hack so far. It only goes up to the first room in brainstar. I hope you like it and I have a lot plan for it in the future.

Zhs2 edit: Unheadered.

[spoiler=Screen Shots]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Item Order]Morphball
2-Missile Expansions
Energy Tank
???
Bomb
2 Energy Tanks
Super Missile Expansion
Missile Expansion
Charge Beam
Missile Expansion
Energy Tank
Hi-Jump Boots
2 Missile Expansions
Spazer Beam
Varia Suit
Power Bomb Expansion
Missile Expansion
3 Power Bomb Expansions
Super Missile Expansion
Power Bomb Expansion
Missile Expansion
Power Bomb Expansion
Energy Tank[/spoiler]

Demo Down Till New One Is Done.

[attachment deleted by admin]

personitis

You should include a screen shot in you first post that way the administration around here doesn't lock ur topic.

Anyways, donwloading patch and about to give it a go.

Zhs2

Not lock outright, per se, because a patch has obviously been offered, and thus proper discussion can occur. However, people are still free to bother a hack's creator for screenshots!

Edit: Spike hell is not fun. Don't do that again. Ice beam is, though. I also sadfaced at not being able to find Green Brinstar yet. This was rather fun and short.

wickedclown

[spoiler=New Screen Shots]

[/spoiler]
Edited 06-22-10
[spoiler=More New Screen Shots]

[/spoiler]

wickedclown

[spoiler]There is a bomb block over the spot the old ones use to be.
[/spoiler]

As for "Spike Hell" I made it like that because I wanted a little challenge to get the Ice Beam. There won't be anymore rooms like that one so don't worry.
[spoiler=Spike Hell][/spoiler]

squishy_ichigo

nothing to big a deal, but try not to double post if it can be helped. (posting more then once in a row without someone else posting between)  It just clutters the forums and whatnot and its best to be avoided.

You can instead use the "modify" button on the post and add new text.

:awesome:

wickedclown

OK Thanks won't happen again.

Edit
I Updated the demo it now goes a little bit pass Spore Spawn.

I plan on changing around the layout after this point. I am new to SMILE so I don't know how to do it yet, so if you can point me to a guide or tell me how to do it, it be much appreciated. Thanks for your help

JamieWebb16

Here is a SMILE beginners guide by person701.
http://metroidconstruction.com/docs/person701SMILEGuide.txt
hope this helps ya! :^_^:

personitis

I'm so glad people are spreading my guide out there. Thanks peeps! ^.^

wickedclown

Thanks for the guide its really help me out. Starting to make some progress. Thank you for all your help.

personitis

That's why I wrote it. Glad it's helping! ^-^

wickedclown

I updated the demo (New one at top). The Ice Beam is no longer in the demo (Sorry). It gose up to Kraid or returing to Norfair if you want all the items up to this point. I also need to put a lot of work into designing my rooms so do not expect much in design. Hope you like the new demo! Thank you for your time.

Edit 06-30-10
Landing Site
[spoiler=Room 791F8][/spoiler]

Edit 07-01-10
More Rooms Crateria
Edit 2 07-13-10
[spoiler=Room 792FD][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 7975C][/spoiler]

Quietus

It looks quite plain, as it has no detail anywhere.  The most obvious one is lack of vegetation.  The only vegetation I can see is where the original stuff was.  Also, lettering like you have there is usually a no-no, as it detracts from the feeling of 'being there'.  If you want to add letters like that, do so in an area that the player will never see, but can see within SMILE, or place it within a secret area as a form of easter egg.

X-tradyte

Nice Job So Far, I'm Gonna Try it Right Now :)

Hiroshi Mishima

The Landing Site feels as though it is artificially lengthened by being full of very long morphball tunnels. I always feel that developers (both us and official ones) who design rooms to be lengthy through means that only serve to drag out the gameplay shows their lack of skill.

I am glad to see you're trying, however, so don't get discouraged. As Quietus said, there should probably be a bit more vegetation.

wickedclown

Thanks for your comments. I made improvements base on the comments. I'm putting up more rooms any comments for any improvements are welcome.

Brinstar
Edit 07-13-10
[spoiler=Room 79E9F][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 79F11][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 79F64][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 79AD9][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Room 79D19][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

Your Rom Doesn't Seem To Work For Me  :cry: I Was Gonna Try It But, I Guess I Can't

FullOfFail

Alot of the rooms seem to be too close to the original in terms of layout. I think you're rushing too much. Take your time and show your hack some love.

wickedclown

I'm Going to focus on this part of the game for awhile. Very few rooms have been done so far. I plan on changing a lot of things for this part of the game. When it's done it should look almost nothing like it dose now. This part is still in it's early stage. I will focus on this part for now and post when I get a good amount done. Thanks for your help and comments.

Edit To DarkSamus - Did you use Lips to patch the Rom. And I use Snes9X. I don't see any reasons why it should not work it works fine for me. Also the Rom is UH.

X-tradyte

This Is What I Did: Used LIPS To Patch The Rom To An UH Rom And Tried The Patched Rom With SNES9X

wickedclown

I tried the same thing with mine and it works. Maybe re-download a clean copy of the patch and/or game and try again. If that don't work then I don't know. Hope it works for you.

Malpercio

Quote from: Quietus on June 30, 2010, 12:55:15 PM
Also, lettering like you have there is usually a no-no, as it detracts from the feeling of 'being there'.  If you want to add letters like that, do so in an area that the player will never see, but can see within SMILE, or place it within a secret area as a form of easter egg.
ima bit late to replying to this, i believe, but i think the lettering in the landing site screenie is already in a noscrolling, player cant see this zone

JAM

Are these shotblocks in the room 79E9F respawning or not? If first, the player can stuck there

wickedclown

They don't respawn.

Edit 07-13-10

(To JAM) Thanks for keeping a eye out for things that might cause problems.

(To Anyone) And by the way does anyone know how to make a enemy's palette flash like the Hyper Beam.

[spoiler=Room 7A322][/spoiler]

Edit 2 07-14-10
Edit 3 07-16-10
[spoiler=Room 7990D][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

I like the bumpy feel to your room. It makes all other rooms feel like ashes. Nice job with the rooms.