News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Camera 'o Jathys

Started by Jathys, June 02, 2009, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jathys

Not the best of quality here, but meh... These are self portraits done with flashlights (the objects around me were drawn as well, but without any visible canvas to tell me where my "brush" had already been):

Zhs2

Huh. Did you happen to star in one of those Sprint commercials? :grin:
Looking at your avatar and your second pic, I can actually tell it's the same person. o_O

Also, very nice. Can't tell how you created those effects, but I like how it lights up your shirt as you draw!

Big Gay Cell

Quote from: Phoenix Wright on June 02, 2009, 10:57:39 PM
Huh. Did you happen to star in one of those Sprint commercials?

Funny, I was about to ask the same thing.  ;)

devonodev

These photos are great.
The light effects look really cool

Draconis Kenjishiya

Ha, that's awesome! I wish I could just...draw shit around me in a clever pattern of bioluminescence...

Jathys

Sprint sucks... That answers that.

As for how I drew the stuff and illuminated my shirt... it was all flashlights.  Long exposure for the camera (about 60 seconds for these, iirc) at night.  I essentially "painted" myself with a bright flashlight (was difficult not blurring myself too much, as this took about 10 seconds with moving arms).  A dimmer blue flashlight to draw with, facing towards the camera.  Couldn't see what I had drawn until the shot was done.  Fun stuff.  Hope to take a few more night shots tonight.

RealRed

That's awesome Jathys.
MOAR