News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Site Running Slow

Started by personitis, June 09, 2010, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Maybe it's just me, but when I try to load any page from the main site (even the .txt documents) it takes longer than it should/use to. If it is just me, anything I could do to speed things up? Forums are running at their usual speed.

squishy_ichigo

At least its not m2k2! lololol

Zhs2

Quote from: squishy_ichigo
At least its not m2k2! lololol
YO DAWG WE HERD U LIEK SLOW SO WE PUT AN HITIMUL IN UR FORUMZ SO U CAN LOAD WHIL U LOAD

Quote from: person701Maybe it's just me, but when I try to load any page from the main site (even the .txt documents) it takes longer than it should/use to.
I blame Grime.

Quote from: person701If it is just me, anything I could do to speed things up?
Hard to say if it's just you or not. Could be your ISP, could be your browser, could be the new google-analytics.com requests I see blocked here in my noscript... >:/

snarfblam

begrimed

It's loading slower because your browser isn't able to believe that such a lightweight site exists, so the time it spends questioning itself casts the illusion of it being slower to load than usual.

No, really though. I optimized the source a lot and didn't use any fancy stuff. Should run like a dream. Probably just sleepy servers or something with the hosting.

personitis

Well, yea. I've seen the source and it is quite lightweight. The thing that get's me is why would it run so slow for me, but fine for everyone else? And if the server was running slow, wouldn't that affect the rest of people?

Zhs2

begrimed

I'm guessing it does this with any browser? I don't really know what I could do that would fix a problem only affecting one person though.

personitis

I've figured you can't fix it for me, which is why I was asking if there's anything I can do on my computer... cookies maybe?

DSO

Loading pages has just become very slow for me as well. Not all of them, for example, when I hit reply, the page came up right away, but if I'm browsing the forums, this happens:

Click on thread
Wait anywhere from ~15 to 30 seconds
First post loads
Another double digit wait
Second post
Another wait
Third post

This only started happening to me today. Youtube vids, music sheets, photobucket all works normal, but Metconst is annoyingly slow for reading.

Zhs2

I noticed this earlier, but it seems to be a bit better at the moment. I blamed it on my laptop, though :blush:

Silver Skree

The exact situation DSO described is happening here too, now. Whatever this is will probably resolve itself with time, but it'd be interesting to know what's causing it.

Cadarot

Everything seems to be normal for me.

What's your ISP

personitis

Quote from: Flamestar666 on June 16, 2010, 05:18:06 AMWhat's your ISP
Uhhh... I steal. Can't be that either cause everything else runs at great speed.