News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

∑++ Non-update

Started by Silver Skree, June 04, 2010, 06:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Skree

On a whim because it's squishy's birthday, I'm releasing a demo version of this hack.

There are no trailers for it, unless you want to count that weird Please Check Your Sanity video.

This is as much of a demo release as it is a mass public test-play, so please do get back to me at some point if you have any thoughts or constructive criticism to offer. Additionally, I do permit LPs of this demo (EDIT: If you do an LP, please don't use tools. The hack isn't that big, and I give you plenty of Save Stations.).

速度、恵み、勝利  |  peed, Grace, Victory

[spoiler=Credits List]
BassZ1890
Black Falcon
Crashtour99
DChronos
DFPercush
Digital Mantra
DSO
FirePhoenix
GF_Kennon
Green Kirby / Crys / Lunamon
Grime
Hiroshi Mishima
InsomniaDX
JAM
Jathys
Kejardon
PY
Rakki
Sadiztyk Fish
squishy_ichigo
Tuvia Dulin / Sylux
(If you did something and I left you out of this list, please let me know! I'm very sorry if I did!)
[/spoiler]

http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=638.0;attach=1545

GF_Kennon

P.JBoy

I'm expecting this game to live up to Ninja Gaiden quality

Lunaria

I'm expecting this game to live up to th- HOLY CRAP was that just kennon posting!?

Silver Skree

Quote from: Crys on June 04, 2010, 12:54:37 PM
I'm expecting this game to live up to th- HOLY CRAP was that just kennon posting!?
You saw it here first, folks! :awesome:

personitis

Aaa-a... aaaaah.
* person701 jizzes
Pallette changes yum.

And Crys, I approve that post cause that's exactly wut I thought. xD

Silver Skree

Imagine lying down on the surface of the planet and watching this... Fog as gaseous clouds passing overhead.

Planets

Hiroshi Mishima

Quote from: P.JBoy on June 04, 2010, 12:19:01 PM
I'm expecting this game to live up to Ninja Gaiden quality
If this is a reference to how hard it's going to be, you can expect me to not want to Test Play it anymore. Seriously, I'd love to take a very painful thing to the person who thought that designing Ninja Gaiden (NES era yo) with that kinda BS difficulty would be "fun and awesome". :/

Gameplay so far has, however, been fun. I haven't gotten the latest edition yet though.

P.JBoy

It was a reference to the Ninja Gaiden Sigma games, they're pretty fun to play

Silver Skree

Goddamnit why does everything and its goat have to have Sigma in it. At the time I had just thought of the name by myself  :<_<:

personitis

It's ok Skree. Most idea you think off can be looked up online only to find they aren't original...

Malpercio

imo, the only thing needed for the question of originality is the following:

Did you get it from someone else? if no, then original, even if it's been used a thousand times.

MetroidMst

So, is this going to be a half-hack of Sigma or a completely new layout under the same name?

Silver Skree

Sigma itself is a full hack, just short in length, so please don't call it a half-hack.  :heheh:

To answer your question, I'm keeping the original layout to some extent, but some really short or crappy areas like Norfair, Maridia, Morgue, etc. are getting makeovers. For instance, the new Maridia (Sector 3):

Hiroshi Mishima

I can attest to being quite surprised by some of the changes I encountered, and hopefully so will everyone else. I was impressed by the overall stuff he'd pulled off. I'm not trying to toot anyone's horn this time, I just mean that I've really enjoyed test-playing this. Lots of little details to keep an eye out for that are otherwise totally unnecessary but he does it anyways, cause he's awesome like that.

I mean I've got a crapton of ideas swirling through my head at any given time, but this guy can actually pull that stuff off. D:

personitis

Skree, look forward to me doing a play through and puttin' it up on Youtube. Maybe 100%? =3

Silver Skree

Quote from: person701 on June 07, 2010, 07:38:13 PM
Skree, look forward to me doing a play through and puttin' it up on Youtube.
Of course I'll look forward to it. Those are the ends to which I hack, and also act as inspiration and get me pumped for more hacking in the future.

MetroidMst

Nothing better than watching your hack get some serious YouTube attention.

And I meant half-hack as in just hacking Sigma itself, not that Sigma was a half-hack.

Phazar

Looks great so far.  And if GF_Kennon approves of it, then that usually means it is a good hack.

Hiroshi Mishima

I'd like to do another Let's Play of this when it's done myself, we'll see though if my comp is working properly or not when the time comes.

personitis

Skree, I have one request: Please do NOT max out Phantoon's health. ;_; That fight was way too fucking long.

Hiroshi Mishima

If you have all the upgrades and fight Phantoon he's a hell of a lot faster to beat.

personitis

Well that's a relief considering in Sigma you pretty much have everything before you fight him (or you can). It wasn't the e-tanks that made the fight hard (if that's what ur talkin about). It was the health.

Silver Skree

FYI, I did phantoon's health like that on a total whim. I was basically mooning my audience. Won't be as such this time around.

Hiroshi Mishima

I know a few others did it, too, but one time I actually fought him at the earliest possible time and I swear it took around an hour or so to beat him. It was nuts. I think when I had everything I whittled his health down in about 10-20 minutes. In fact, I fight him in my Let's Play of the original Sigma, so anyone can go back and check if they way.