News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

gossamer

Started by neen, January 07, 2024, 02:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

Regarding progression:

[spoiler]Try to find a way to the save room you haven't accessed in lower Mladicia (the map room should have revealed it).[/spoiler]

Regarding the gadora room:

[spoiler]Your hypothesis is solid.

If you want to know the general area where the third PB pack is:

[spoiler]the main portion of Slumberland[/spoiler]

The exact room is:

[spoiler]where you got the morph ball (on an unmarked tile)[/spoiler]

The reward you get is technically not required to beat the game (but it can provide logical access to the endgame, in randomizer-speak).
[/spoiler]

UDtheAesir

Quote from: RT-55J on March 05, 2024, 09:15:50 PM
Regarding progression:

[spoiler]Try to find a way to the save room you haven't accessed in lower Mladicia (the map room should have revealed it).[/spoiler]

Regarding the gadora room:

[spoiler]Your hypothesis is solid.

If you want to know the general area where the third PB pack is:

[spoiler]the main portion of Slumberland[/spoiler]

The exact room is:

[spoiler]where you got the morph ball (on an unmarked tile)[/spoiler]

The reward you get is technically not required to beat the game (but it can provide logical access to the endgame, in randomizer-speak).
[/spoiler]

Thanks RT! Totally forgot about that one area, that's on me, heh. Finished it in 13:12 and 86.3% items. Couldn't get Plasma but that's all right. Voiddragon's a helluva trip! :P

Decent hack, could use bit more work but definitely worth the download.

DonnyDonovan

I like this so far.  I have 2 tanks, morph and bombs, 45 missiles, 15 PBs, high jump, speed and wave so far.  Broad hint as to where I should head next?  Is there something else I should have that I've accidentally missed?  I've explored large parts of the Slumblerland and Maridia-type area but nowhere else yet. 

Also do I need to know any advanced techniques to get any main items?

RT-55J

If you've found the map room in Slumberland (Crateria), that should give you a pretty big hint for a place you can go.

Kirarin

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on March 07, 2024, 11:01:57 AM
I like this so far.  I have 2 tanks, varia and bombs, 45 missiles, 15 PBs, high jump, speed and wave so far.  Broad hint as to where I should head next?  Is there something else I should have that I've accidentally missed?  I've explored large parts of the Slumblerland and Maridia-type area but nowhere else yet. 

Also do I need to know any advanced techniques to get any main items?

Where did you find Varia?

As for tricks, the game hints you about one trick for an item (which you can beat the game without it). I guess only Spazer requires a specific trick? You'll know when you get near it.

EDIT: Guess there's no Varia, because I explored a bit more and got 100%. https://imgur.com/a/kdGx9I0

DonnyDonovan

I misspoke.  Meant morph and bombs.  Not sure how I didn't catch that mistake lol.

RT-55J

Quote from: Kirarin on March 08, 2024, 06:28:33 AM
As for tricks, the game hints you about one trick for an item (which you can beat the game without it). I guess only Spazer requires a specific trick? You'll know when you get near it.

Spazer does not require advanced tech to obtain, but the "intended" route to it is much more obscure than intended (I had to peek in the editor to find it). I think this might change in an update.

Zhs2

I finished this hack, but just for curiosity's sake: what opens the red rock bottom blank gate?

neen

that's a [spoiler]puzzle[/spoiler] for which there is [spoiler]at least one hint in the materials provided with the game[/spoiler].

Zagan

I think I got early PBs but I can't get out of here   :cry:

DonnyDonovan

Ridley seems disproportionately hard compared to the rest of the hack/bosses so far.  Am I missing something?  I'm hitting him with all I've got and can't beat him.

RT-55J

Quote from: Zagan on March 13, 2024, 12:37:59 PM

If you have High Jump, this should be a simple matter of doing a jump from a crouching pose to gain a couple extra pixels.

If you don't have High Jump Boots, you can spin jump and then rapidly press the jump button in the 1-tile wide gap to get back up.

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on March 15, 2024, 11:03:14 PM
Ridley seems disproportionately hard compared to the rest of the hack/bosses so far.  Am I missing something?  I'm hitting him with all I've got and can't beat him.

I'm curious what items you have. Helpful items you might have missed include:

[spoiler]Charge Beam
Screw Attack
Having more than 3 e-tanks
Beams[/spoiler]

neen

Quote from: Zagan on March 13, 2024, 12:37:59 PM

you're not stuck. there are other things you can do down there, but you may want to play on 1.02 if you aren't already because one important progression bit was retiled to be more obvious. you can also do what rt described to get out. you're meant to have [spoiler]high jump[/spoiler] but it's obviously not required

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on March 15, 2024, 11:03:14 PM

the voiddragon [spoiler]has less hp than vanilla ridley, but does not take double damage from supers[/spoiler]

Zagan

Ok thank you, I'll try v1.02.
I tried the walljump on the 1-tile gap but am definitely not good at this  :grin:

DonnyDonovan

That probably explains my frustration.  I assumed hitting him with all my supers (20) would wipe out a good % of his HP.  I'll try focusing on charged shots.  I think I have about everything I can at this point.  All beams but plasma and way more than 3 tanks cause I did the one puzzle in eastern Slumberland.

Edit:  Beat him.  I think I got just about everything but plasma and a couple powerups here and there.  Pretty fun game.  Congrats!

Thickarus

Quote from: neen on March 08, 2024, 07:03:36 PM
that's a [spoiler]puzzle[/spoiler] for which there is [spoiler]at least one hint in the materials provided with the game[/spoiler].

hello

1) thx for hack, very much enjoyed especially the visual effects in [spoiler]run to 3-tank looked fantastic and later game stuff was a very enjoyable mind melt[/spoiler]

not normally a fan of changed physics but came to this after a recent playthrough of fusion/ZM and it makes it a bit less of a painful transition compared to floating through SM

2) could i please have slightly more of a hint on this one? looked at said materials and i'm stumped so finally made an account here

[spoiler]i can see there's a screenshot with access to the area to the right of this gate (grey bricks/save station) but the door up is locked (and that's where i came through to this area for the first time), map implies player has come through that gate to this area before it unlocks, is it an event based thing where gate locks and door unlocks and the item in between red rocks + grey bricks is now unavailable?[/spoiler]

cheers

Zhs2

Quote from: Thickarus on April 05, 2024, 06:43:21 PM
2) could i please have slightly more of a hint on this one? looked at said materials and i'm stumped so finally made an account here

[spoiler=The hint screenshot]
[spoiler=The answer]Make it to the blank gate without power bombs.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

RT-55J

For people who are lost or whatever, I've made a danidub-style map of this hack. You can find it on my website (scroll down towards the bottom).

shanely

Playing through the hack now and am at the 6 gadora room in Mladicia. There was previously a hint mentioned about this, but after attempting it nothing seems to happen.

[spoiler]I've tried performing a crystal flash directly above the doors, as well as performing it when all door eyes are open, and all that seems to happen is all of the sound disappears, the gadoras stop opening, and planting another PB afterward glitches the stats area for a bit and re-enables sound. What exactly am I missing here?[/spoiler]

RT-55J

Check outside the room after doing the thing.

shanely

Quote from: RT-55J on April 23, 2024, 05:27:26 PM
Check outside the room after doing the thing.

Aha! Got it now. Thanks!