News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Advance Game Editor Themes

Started by Conner, May 03, 2024, 10:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conner

Ever since MAGE was made open source, I felt the need to make a dark mode for us gamers, so we can hack metroid at night without burning our eyes out.
A few months ago I finally started working on it. After finishing theme support I started slowly adding more and more QOL improvements that I and others from the community wished to be in MAGE for a long time.

I made this topic to make the publication easier.

Download

Features in MAGEThemes:
[spoiler=Features]

• Theming support
  • Drag on Minimap Editor
  • Enable apply on "Auto connect" in Edit Door
  • Edit Sprites/Scrolls/Doors with double click
  • Input screens directly in Room Options
  • Screen number gets displayed as hex
  • Added [MUSIC_STOP] Label for Fusion -> [\xBXXX]
  • Added Zoom to Text Editor
  • Input hex color in palette editor
  • Door Exit Distance Presets
  • Added clipdata shortcuts button to main view
  • Zoom with Ctrl + Mouse Wheel in main view
  • Clear Sprites, Scrolls and Doors in Room Options
  • Drop Probability can be input as Percentage
  • Significantly improved Test Room feature for Zero Mission
  • Room map coordinates can be seleted directly from a map
  • Jump To Room (G) on minimap works on every screen of a room. Not only top left corner.
[/spoiler]

Source code: https://github.com/ConConner/mage-old/tree/QOL-Improvements

If you find any crashes or bugs please report them either on the Metconst Discord server, the MAGConst Discord server or in this thread.
DO NOT report bugs to biospark! He is no longer actively working on MAGE / MAGEThemes.

If you have any feature requests, post them here, maybe I will implement them :razz:

Note: Since there hasn't been extensive testing, there might be a few crashes that can happen. Make sure to do regular backups of your hack (as one should anyways!).

FelixWright

Quote from: ConnerIf you have any feature requests, post them here, maybe I will implement them :razz:

Having an easier and possibly more visual way to change the Y position of effects. Like for example being able to use the mouse and drag in the room editor to set the level of water in the room

FelixWright

Configurable default clipdata. ROM-specific and per-tileset. Possibly written to the project file, or a new file that can be imported/exported.

FelixWright

joked about this one in vc- Silly sounds toggle.

mage.wav    - opening mage
load.wav    - load rom (ctrl o or open icon, or load rom from recent list)
save.wav    - save rom (ctrl s or save icon)
bg0.wav     - place block on bg0
bg1.wav     - place block on bg1
bg2.wav     - place block on bg2
clip.wav    - place clipdata block
map.wav     - place map tile
door.wav    - switch rooms
area.wav    - switch areas
clear.wav   - use room options to clear something in a room
add.wav     - add object in a room
remove.wav  - remove object in a room
bgmode.wav  - switch to bg editing mode
objmode.wav - switch to object editing mode
editor.wav  - open other editors (e.g. weapon editor, physics editor)
close.wav   - close an editor, either with x or close button
apply.wav   - apply changes in an editor
undo.wav    - undo changes
redo.wav    - redo changes
error.wav   - when you type too much in a text box or do some input winforms doesn't like
context.wav - opening context menu
tooltip.wav - text box that appears when you hover pointer over something long enough

SpineShark

It would be nice if we could zoom in on the tileset, small details can be pretty hard to see sometimes.

FelixWright

Quote from: SpineShark on May 04, 2024, 09:57:43 AM
It would be nice if we could zoom in on the tileset, small details can be pretty hard to see sometimes.

As a workaround for this, I copy-paste the tileset into some blank spot in the room editor, and then zoom in with that

ModdedMage

I don't expect these features to be added but they would be amazing if they could be!

1. Project file merging: This feature would merge the existing data in project files into one project file(This probably is way to hard to code/make into reality so I really don't expect this one)

2. Built in GMI: A built in GBAtroids music importer would be awesome as there not only be no need to download another program for music importing but also allow for direct importing instead of having to use ASM.

3. Built in ARMIPS ASM compiler: This could save time on having to apply multiple ASMs manually and instead have them all compiled in Mage itself.

I haven't really found any bug and this version of Mage is awesome! Amazing Job Conner! :cool: