News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Weekend 5

Started by dewhi100, April 14, 2024, 08:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewhi100

It's Here. Started Saturday and posted Sunday for the FIFTH TIME we have a Weekend Hack!

This one is a doozy. I would like to thank:

Amoeba and TestRunner for SMART
Tundain for providing me the RoboTile scripts
PJ for the Bank Logs
Oi27 for the fast item pickups
FelicityVi for the Item Screen Time/Percent
SUPERMETROIDFTP for adapting the Prime 2 Hydrodynamo music
Albert for adapting the Sector 4 Underwater music
Phospho for the Intro/Ceres skip and for disabling saves during the escape
Scyzer for Save/Load
Squishy for the Morphlock BTS
FullofFail for the original Boss Escape trigger
Kejardon for Decompression Optimization

Thanks to these and many others, it is possible to bank out a hack of this size and detail in a matter of hours. We have come a long way since the early hacks and Gunpei willing we will reach even further yet.

----

Known Bugs: Using the map station glitches the item collection percent. There are 15 items

v2: Bugfix release: Fixed a bad red scroll; corrected total item count; Updated some tile art. Thank you Cauuy for basically testing this the same day it released.

Tomtroid

dewhi100

double-digit clicks actually but anyway there are pictures now as well as creator credits and a bugfix version.

FelixWright

Quote from: dewhi100 on April 15, 2024, 10:45:46 AM
double-digit clicks actually but anyway there are pictures now as well as creator credits and a bugfix version.

it's an internet slang thing: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no%20pics%20no%20clicks

QuoteExpression used when a thread or topic in a forum about mods/reskins has no pictures that proof the content, making potential viewers of the thread not download the content.

also a rules thing: https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=rules

Quote11. HAVE CONTENT READY. This includes screenshots, or, in the case that they are available, videos of your hack at work. If you don't have content at the ready to post, consider not posting until you do. Topics that disobey this rule are subject to lockage.

thank you for doing it

dewhi100

those rules have no pictures so I didnt read them. have a blessed one.

dewhi100

v3

Fix door freeze.
Relocated a Save Station to a more accessible location.
Fixed a non-euclidean room connection.
Improved the usage of morphlock to avoid embarrassing ball perfomance.

dewhi100

v4, quickfix for v3 which was trash

dewhi100

v6

v4 and v5 had bad ROMS.

Item % no longer glitches, except if you get 100% it will show as 0. This happens after map is downloaded.

RT-55J

0:33 100% good hack

@Approver I want to leave a review on this hack but it's not approved v_v

Noxus

I have embarrassing ball performance   :nowai:

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: dewhi100 on April 18, 2024, 08:56:27 PM
Improved the usage of morphlock to avoid embarrassing ball perfomance.
Not gonna lie, out of context that sounds like something out of an erotic sci-fi film. :P