News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

I made a patch that restricts Chozo ghosts

Started by Grayfrog, January 06, 2023, 03:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayfrog

I didn't really like the ghosts in Metroid Prime 1 so I made a patch that avoids most of them.
I changed the locations of the Active Ghost Triggers to an area out of bounds in all of the rooms that have Chozo ghosts in them,
except for the Hall of the Elders.
For the other rooms where I didn't only move the trigger(s),
I created one or two new triggers that trick the game into thinking the ghosts are dead before they spawn,
except for the Hall of the Elders.

Hall of the Elders=lowered health
The first ghost has 150 health points instead of 200
The other ghosts have 10 health points instead of 200
Sunchamber (upon return, after the defeat of Flaahgra.)=cannot encounter (artifact cutscene starts a little ways
into the room and can happen more than once)
Training Chamber (after defeat, they do not return.)=cannot encounter, cutscene starts around the wave beam door side of the room)
Furnace=cannot encounter
Ruined Shrine=cannot encounter
Life Grove=cannot encounter (cutscene starts around the vanilla trigger spots)
Arboretum=ghost deleted
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15kgKZL3YqRg8rUwy0B6tJhRC-_dNjnP7?usp=share_link
Use the accompanying Delta Patcher to patch your copy of Metroid Prime,
which is only compatible with the 1.00 version.
Only Dolphin has been used for testing, but Nintendont SHOULD be compatible as well.

TobiMikami

Hmm, have you ever thought about seeing if there's a way to repoint to a trigger for a different type of enemy, even if it's confined to one in Chozo Ruins like plated beetle? If I ever wanted to play vanilla Prime on emulator I'd probably give this a go just because I hate the sounds chozo ghosts make always makes me dread late chozo Ruins lmao. But otherwise I'd probably consider this more of a "patch" than a full fledged hack, simply because then anyone else who feels the same who wants to make a hack, can use your "hack" as a micro project Base for Prime, if that makes sense. I can tell you must be new doing your first tinkering with metroid hacks, always a fun and exciting time when you realize how much fun stuff you can do (I made a super Mario 64 hack with all the trees raised way up only before I found this site, that was like 2012 lmao) Not a lot of people hack the Prime games though and it's far newer than say ZM and Fusion hacking even, so there might not be as much documentation, but I have a lot of knowledge of Prime 1 as I research it heavily for my 2D Prime remake game. Have fun and most importantly never give up hacking  my friend!

Grayfrog

Quote from: TobiMikami on January 07, 2023, 01:15:27 AM
Hmm, have you ever thought about seeing if there's a way to repoint to a trigger for a different type of enemy, even if it's confined to one in Chozo Ruins like plated beetle?

It is possible to repoint a trigger to a different type of enemy, for me easier to make a new trigger that activates it because I feel like it's less likely to crash that way. Chozo ghosts have a unique animation for when they activate/spawn so if another enemy that doesn't have a unique animation for when they activate/spawn were to go from deactive to active they would probably just pop into existence. Also, you can copy and paste enemies from different rooms in PWE, for example, I took a Space Pirate from Phendrana Drifts and put it in the main plaza of the Chozo ruins and it works. I mean there are no links but you can still fight, kill, and add links to it.

TobiMikami

Interesting, sounds about par for the course with Super Metroid as well, some enemies are more room specific and are finicky to move and others are more as simple as changing the enemy in the editor. I for one would love to see more hacks of Metroid Prime, Prime was my favorite Metroid game ever, if they had hacks of it like Super Metroid that woukd be amazing.