News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Aurora

Started by Noxus, September 09, 2023, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxus

Aurora is a new Super Metroid hack planner tool that lets you make simple or complex maps quickly and easily

Doors can be placed anywhere in the rooms, in any rotation and position

Once your map and doors are in place, Aurora connects the doors automatically and creates an ASM, which can be applied directly through the software via ASAR, included in the download

Here is what a simple workflow would look like setting up a room in Aurora:

1) These two rooms are the ones I want to connect and link to each other, and the locations of the doors and scroll boundaries

(note: Aurora only links doors together via asm. You must manually place moved door tiles, as well as scroll boundaries and item plm's)

In Editor Mode, I have moved the doors and marked off my scroll boundaries for the room

I moved the doors to where I want them to be in SMILE/SMART, and created my scroll boundaries.
I also added a ceiling and a path to the other moved door

Clicking the 'connect' button will collect all door change and link information, and make an ASM file which can be easily applied to your ROM through Aurora

Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions

Download Installer:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/33v5xzslccka869/Aurora_setup.exe/file

Download Zip file:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gz6kcq3bjt6rdcf/Aurora.zip/file

The zip file contains a folder called Aurora, which is best if placed in the root of your C: drive (C:\Aurora) for everything to work right

Noxus

Just a quick update bc there was an issue where, on a slow computer such as my laptop, it wasn't finished writing the bat file before it ran and was therefore not applying the patch to the rom. In case anyone had this problem as well.

The only file that would need to be updated is in C:\Aurora\fscommand\compiler.exe

Noxus

Here's a new update, when doors were moved to screen 4,0, the applied asm was kicking Samus out to screen 0,0 instead of where she should be, you know, 4,0.

The only file needing to be replaced would be the main Aurora.exe

TobiMikami

Dayum son, where'd ya find this? Looks interesting, promising, to say the least. Love to all the fellow metroid software designers making more complex hacks and fan games easier to make and pushing the limits of what was once thought impossible.

Noxus

Here's another update; some minor stuff but mainly the door ASM pointers were conflicting when entering different rooms, so long story short all ASM pointers have been removed from the "connect doors" asm output code (dw $0000)