News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The Cereth Invasion Release Version

Started by OmegaDragnet9, July 23, 2024, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaDragnet9

The Cereth Invasion
Release Version 1.0

[spoiler=Images]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Story]
Set after the events of Metroid Dread. Many years after her campaigns on Zebeth, Samus is assisting scientists on the Ceres B when Chairman Keaton informs her of a distress call from the Cereth Station.

When she arrives, the Adam AI on her ship is strangely silent, likely from the chewed wires from the Little Birdie specimen she found on Ceres B.

All is not well on Cereth, as it is infiltrated by surviving Zebesian forces and infested by the specimens that have gotten loose.

Try to clear the infestation without blowing stuff up this time.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay

I tried to take the feedback I received from the various folks who played and streamed the contest version and correct glaring design issues.

That being said, though there is a little bit of linearity baked into the hack, it is in many ways a "choose your adventure" game with routing.

Hellruns are not mandatory. If you find the difficulty is extreme you should probably return to previous areas to see if you missed anything.

Physics are overhauled, generated by a combination of site resources as well as custom tweaks. Special thanks to the Subversion Repo as well as the Project Base Engine and the Axeil Edition code.

Thanks to everybody that streamed or provided feedback.

Thanks to these streamers:

Agent_Klunk
Ambureon
MetroidMST
Oi27
RT-55J
TheGreatPikminZX789

(Contact me if I missed a stream of yours please.)

Playtesters:

felixwright
MetroidMST
Ob
Oi27
RT-55J
starlightintheriver
somerando cauuy
roebloz

UDtheAesir

Beat it in an hour and 8 minutes with 94.2% items. Completely forgot about the turtle, though. :(

Fun mini-hack, definitely recommend. Looking forward to future hacks!

junkrares

OmegaDragnet9

Quote from: UDtheAesir on July 24, 2024, 04:25:52 PM
Beat it in an hour and 8 minutes with 94.2% items. Completely forgot about the turtle, though. :(

Fun mini-hack, definitely recommend. Looking forward to future hacks!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

DonnyDonovan

Fun way to spend an hour.  Beat it in 51 minutes in-game, with 84% completion.  Never found [spoiler]plasma beam[/spoiler]   
It was very easy with exploration but I can see how if one wanted it to be hard they could find a route that would do the trick.  Simple Minds would be pleased to know I lived up to their directive.

OmegaDragnet9

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on July 26, 2024, 07:31:36 PM
Fun way to spend an hour.  Beat it in 51 minutes in-game, with 84% completion.  Never found [spoiler]plasma beam[/spoiler]   
It was very easy with exploration but I can see how if one wanted it to be hard they could find a route that would do the trick.  Simple Minds would be pleased to know I lived up to their directive.

Good game and thanks for checking it out!

If you'd like, here is a hint for the location of that item:

[spoiler]Keep looking around the Void area. There is a room that is very easy to skip over if you stay on the main route.[/spoiler]

OmegaDragnet9

The Cereth Invasion v.1.1

Link at the top of the thread.

-Ceres B is a brief but playable area.

-Map has legend system to explain new icons.

-Ugly door palettes are corrected.

Ammo system balanced:
Missiles (spend 1, add 5)
Supers (spend 5, add 10)
Power Bombs (spend 5, add 20)

[spoiler=Total Ammo](Total ammo should be 195.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Item Removed] Removed duplicate Space Jump. [/spoiler]

OmegaDragnet9

Reattached v1.1 for the time being. (Eventually I'll reupload the older revisions.)

The Cereth Invasion v1.1

Returning to the forums feels kind of like Obi Wan and Yoda browsing the archives after Order 66...

OmegaDragnet9

Test: (Not a Cereth Invasion room. This is from Wrath of Kraid 2.)

Spoilers still a bust, but at least images are embedding properly.