News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Alius-Z

Started by Bartuna, August 24, 2023, 09:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartuna

Before Itorash's collision destroyed ZDR, an uninfected elite Mawkin tribesmen named Fang Feather managed to escape and set a course for SR387. Hidden beneath the remains of an ancient colony on SR387 is a secret back-up facility from the Thoha's bio-engineering experiments. Among the technology developed on SR388 and SR387 was an advanced warp drive which could bend spacetime and allow for time travel. Raven Beak had Quiet Robe secretly continue the development of the warp drive on ZDR and SR387. Fang Feather was Raven Beaks 2nd in command warrior Mawkin, he was instructed to activate the warp drive and attempt to travel back in time to stop Samus from eradicating the Metroid's on SR388 should he fail to stop her on ZDR. Fang Feather completed his task successfully and travelled back in time but altered the universe as we know it.

What was once known as Zebes is now Alius-Z, the planet where the Space Pirates have restored Mother Brain and are planning to conquer the galaxy with the Metroids. Fang Feather finds that he arrived in this new parallel universe where Samus has just eradicated the Metroids and is enroute to deliver the last Metroid to the Ceres Space Colony. Fang Feather presents himself to the Space Pirates as a Chozo Prophet and tells Mother Brain how history will unfold. With this knowledge Alius-Z is refortified with the anticipation of Samus' arrival to retrieve the Metroid larva. Fang Feather is waiting for Samus deep in Norfair. Can she complete the mission now that the Space pirates and Mother Brain have the help from the Mawkin?

Alius-Z is an alternate version of planet Zebes, the map is the vanilla structure, but the routes, rooms, and item locations are completely different. It also has an open world concept once you reach a certain point and have collected the initial key items for exploring Alius-Z. The beginning is somewhat linear and after the first main boss and the item collected the planet will fully open up and allow you to explore in any order.

I have been working on this project for 2 months and I'm about 25% complete, the routes and item locations are complete, and I just need to finish up all the room designs. My design approach is to utilize some items, functions, and rooms less travelled from the vanilla speed run and sequence breaking routes that I always used.

Let me know what you think!

UDtheAesir

Looks interesting, can't wait to play it!

Bartuna

Making some progress, Crateria and Wrecked Ship are just about wrapped up. I reworked the route and some item locations and spent a ton of time on Maridia and Norfair. Brinstar is close and I have some cool ideas for Tourian.

Here are a couple Crateria and Wrecked Ship snapshots.