News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[M2] First M2 hack ever!!

Started by RT-55J, June 02, 2015, 08:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

Hey guys, I made a hack for you! You might think it's hard, but don't worry! I designed it so anybody can complete it! I'm pretty sure this is the first Metroid 2 hack there is! Exclamation point!

-- == / Download \ == -- (v42, rev b)

Title:
Metroid 2: Challenge

Description:

QuoteSamus arrives on SR-388 and finds herself severely underequipped. Oh no.

Features:
- Completable from start to finish
- No permastucks
- Very speedrunnable
- Altered game progression
- Modified sprites

Build Time: 2 hours, tops

[spoiler=Screenies] [/spoiler]

Please forward all your complaints to my trash can.

EDIT: I added a new title screen, so you don't accidentally play this instead of the original.

P.S. This is a dumb joke, if you couldn't tell already.

Quietus

Screenshots are normally a means of selling your hack, and having one title and one ship isn't really doing you any favours, even if the changes are relatively minor.

Lunaria

Yeah it would be nice to actually know what the hack is about, it's not really that clear.

Parabox

Started playing, had one health, jumped into the ship, beat the game. I rate it a Gunpei Yokoi out of Comitting Sudoku.

advancedpillow

Quote from: Parabox on June 03, 2015, 08:54:15 AM
Started playing, had one health, jumped into the ship, beat the game. I rate it a Gunpei Yokoi out of Comitting Sudoku.

Ah man. Is this a joke hack? I was looking forward to playing this when I got home. Boooooo!  :eyeroll:

Dynastyx

Got to give it to him, all features are in the hack. One of the best hacks for this game. I give it a rating of X parasite out of queen metroid.

passarbye

man i thought this was going to be cool when i loaded it up. at least let us know if it's a joke hack..

RT-55J

sorry mang. I'll be sure to include more misspellings and bad grammar next time I make a joke.

Though on a more serious note, I've actually gathered enough information to make an actual hack (check the wiki). I'm currently in the planning stages (it's prolly going to be a mini-hack in scope) and I'm also open to suggestions.

JAM

This picture makes me $0 SED...

Also, great. One more micro hack. And yes, you not lied in the review... =)

[spoiler]Now not only Super Metroid have a hack about premature evacuation... =)[/spoiler]

ianfrombristol

Quote from: RT-55J on June 03, 2015, 08:15:37 PM
sorry mang. I'll be sure to include more misspellings and bad grammar next time I make a joke.

Though on a more serious note, I've actually gathered enough information to make an actual hack (check the wiki). I'm currently in the planning stages (it's prolly going to be a mini-hack in scope) and I'm also open to suggestions.

Make the SM version of Metroid 2 like you suggested.  I'll be your main beta tester  :nod:

RT-55J

Well, I plan on doing that eventually, but don't count on it anytime soon. I would need like an actual level editor for that to even remotely happen. Plus, we'd like to expand the ROM and get sensibly implemented GBC support before doing something that expansive.

RT-55J

While in the process of making maps for the other two Metroid 2 hacks that exist at the moment, I realized that I made a grievous error in the production of this hack:

[spoiler]

forgive the fact that LAMP struggles to display the landing site tileset, but I believe that the mistake should be clear enough
[/spoiler]

I have made a new patch to rectify this gross mistake on my part. I hope that you all find it within yourself to forgive me for the mistake I have made so long ago...