News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Desolation

Started by jasinchen, March 20, 2023, 01:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasinchen

Quote from: legarde on June 25, 2024, 06:57:14 AM
How do I get screw attack? any suggestion, please :cry: (dodge master challenge)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
The room before mother brain room.

Hulkinpowermachine

Yooo, I totally softlocked my save file in 1.3v True mode, and I feel so achieved uwu. Anyway, I just want to point it out (so it could get fixed or to warn others or whatever). After getting the morph ball, instead of fighting mecha Ridley, I lava ran through the shortcut that takes you to Rocava. Once I left the room with the path of bomb blocks, I knew I passed the point of no return, and once I saved on the other side of that room, I knew I was risking my 1h of linear progress. So yeah, that's what I did, had a blast charting a new path, thought of all the possibilities like briefly believing I could get power bombs before normal bombs, went all the way to Kraid and got gravity suit before varia suit, and that's when I hit the dead end. I backtracked to the Kiru Giru room to go to Aced and got stopped by a bomb block deep into the tunnel. It was so fun tho, for the majority of the bomb block in my way I was able to destroy them with my screw attack.

jasinchen

Quote from: Hulkinpowermachine on September 13, 2024, 06:00:54 PM
Yooo, I totally softlocked my save file in 1.3v True mode, and I feel so achieved uwu. Anyway, I just want to point it out (so it could get fixed or to warn others or whatever). After getting the morph ball, instead of fighting mecha Ridley, I lava ran through the shortcut that takes you to Rocava. Once I left the room with the path of bomb blocks, I knew I passed the point of no return, and once I saved on the other side of that room, I knew I was risking my 1h of linear progress. So yeah, that's what I did, had a blast charting a new path, thought of all the possibilities like briefly believing I could get power bombs before normal bombs, went all the way to Kraid and got gravity suit before varia suit, and that's when I hit the dead end. I backtracked to the Kiru Giru room to go to Aced and got stopped by a bomb block deep into the tunnel. It was so fun tho, for the majority of the bomb block in my way I was able to destroy them with my screw attack.
Thank you.
I will fix it.