News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Desolation

Started by jasinchen, March 20, 2023, 01:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail

So, I have found 99% of items myself, however I gave up on the last one. I think I double checked every wall in Rocava and still could not find last item. So, where is that Missile Tank? [spoiler] [/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: Mikhail on March 26, 2023, 10:55:57 AM
So, I have found 99% of items myself, however I gave up on the last one. I think I double checked every wall in Rocava and still could not find last item. So, where is that Missile Tank? [spoiler] [/spoiler]
Hello,
[spoiler][/spoiler]

zb10948

I'm a bit stuck after defeating the Security Bot in that 'desolate' zone.
Does rapid missile have a function?

I have high jump/varia+gravity/supers/pbs/ice and spazer

jasinchen

Quote from: zb10948 on March 26, 2023, 02:02:51 PM
I'm a bit stuck after defeating the Security Bot in that 'desolate' zone.
Does rapid missile have a function?

I have high jump/varia+gravity/supers/pbs/ice and spazer
Search yellow hatches in all areaa. If still cannot find the way.
1.[spoiler]Go to Desert and find Speed Booster[/spoiler]
2.[spoiler]Go to new area from the yellow hatch in Tangle[/spoiler]

zb10948

Thanks, I already had speed booster and now I acquired space jump in that new area.
But I'm still clueless on where to go. I can go back to ship now, and get a bad ending at ~50% item collection.

I guess it's in this area. Can you give me hints on how to proceed west beyond the elevator-teaser room?

[spoiler]
https://i.imgur.com/0Kbt2QN.png
[/spoiler]

SuperFusion

I think I beat True Ending mode, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. [spoiler]The water is back in the desert, I beat Nightmare and now it is raining in the desert and it's full of trees and stuff. I did not get 100% however if there is another ending.[/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: SuperFusion on March 27, 2023, 03:58:02 PM
I think I beat True Ending mode, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. [spoiler]The water is back in the desert, I beat Nightmare and now it is raining in the desert and it's full of trees and stuff. I did not get 100% however if there is another ending.[/spoiler]
Yeah, you get the best ending.

jasinchen

Quote from: zb10948 on March 27, 2023, 01:58:22 PM
Thanks, I already had speed booster and now I acquired space jump in that new area.
But I'm still clueless on where to go. I can go back to ship now, and get a bad ending at ~50% item collection.

I guess it's in this area. Can you give me hints on how to proceed west beyond the elevator-teaser room?

[spoiler]
https://i.imgur.com/0Kbt2QN.png
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]There is another yellow hatch in Tangle, in the west of the area (There is speed booster block in the front of it.)[/spoiler]

TobiMikami

I seen a bit of a live stream of this hack on YouTube the other day, it looked like a pretty solid hack, decent play time and new, interesting layouts. Definitely one of the best Non Suoer Metroid hacks I've seen in a while!

Crimsonsun

what do yall think one e tank is missing

jasinchen

Quote from: Crimsonsun on March 28, 2023, 08:54:28 PM
what do yall think one e tank is missing
Here is the map.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Crimsonsun

so i found nightmare frozen in air how do i start the fight? i found a small relic room but theres nothing but 2 containers and a broken container

Crimsonsun

Quote from: SuperFusion on March 27, 2023, 03:58:02 PM
how did you unfreeze nightmare?

jasinchen

Quote from: Crimsonsun on March 29, 2023, 01:09:24 AM
so i found nightmare frozen in air how do i start the fight? i found a small relic room but theres nothing but 2 containers and a broken container
1.[spoiler]Unlock blue gete in Acead[/spoiler]
2.[spoiler]Enter top secret area in Bionicle (top-left of area)[/spoiler]
3.[spoiler]Find a way into night Desert from top secret area[/spoiler]
4.[spoiler]Back to Nightmare room[/spoiler]

Mikhail

I wonder what's intended way to pass this shinespark puzzle. [spoiler][/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: Mikhail on March 29, 2023, 11:53:55 AM
I wonder what's intended way to pass this shinespark puzzle. [spoiler][/spoiler]
It is a route to skip BOX

Mikhail

So, I completed this hack twice, on Normal and True Ending modes. I can surely say that this is one of the greatest hacks I have completed. Through, it has some minor nitpicks that, I think, worth mentioning.

This hack features many different locations and most of them looks really fresh and colourful. I love music in this hack, AM2R tracks sounds almost same as PC version, I did not even know GBA can sound like this. The intended path in this hack is pretty obvious and it's done like in Dread, you can free your mind and just go forward, thanks to the points of no return. It's just really fun and exiting to play.

Though I had some hard time with it. Acead and Bionical locations (inside pirate's ship/base) just did not fit to the colourful style of this hack. These areas are very dark (sometimes I could barely see platforms) and rooms just looks too similar. It is very hard to remember about secret paths somewhere in these black walls, making item hunting there pretty hard. I just did not enjoy these locations as much as I enjoyed others.

This hack features a lot of content from Fusion, including music, tiles and bosses. And while first two did fit good enough, bosses were tough. Serris, BOX and Nightmare were hard without any ladders on walls and ceilings, so you have to just damage boost some of these fights. I don't mean there are no strats to this bosses, however. I just could not find them.

Item hunting is also challenging. Though you can "complete" the game and it will reveal list of items in each locations, some items are really hard to find. I was trying to jump against every wall (to grab hidden ledges) and lay some power bombs (to reveal hidden paths), but it did not help me that much. Some secrets could be aquired only by jumping against walls in morph ball (which allows to find hidden paths barely above the ground), and power bombs sometimes just does not reveal hidden paths. I had hard time collection last item and it was too well hidden, you could not see any hints in walls. But that's actual for players, who really want 100% of items.

Some shinesparks puzzles were really precise and just knowing how to do shinesparks is not enough, you need to learn how to stop at the right pixel. But again, it is only required for 100% completion. Though, I found some hidden ways to skip BOX and Robo-Ridley fights, but I have no idea how to execute these shinesparks. (Actually, I found shinespark room only to skip BOX, but I know there is a way to skip Robo-Ridley, too). Also, there is a way to skip Yakuza fight if you are careful enough to store you shinespark before entering boss room.

Normal mode does not have a specific moment after which you can freely go back to your ship. But I guess it is the moment when you have killed all metroids (by the way, they look funny) in five rooms and destroyed Mother Brain. True Ending mode, on the other hand, is completely different story. From the start it does not mess around with you, giving you straight challenge with mazes and hard bosses with unexpected weapon progression. It was very fun to go forward, trying to find paths which does not require morph ball and bombs. You definitely should beat Normal mode for 100% first to know every place and every possibilities to go. And as for skill, completing Zero Mission for 15% ending or getting secret message in Fusion is bare minimum. You have to know shinespark, through you are not required to use bomb jumping and wall jumps. Sadly, after collecting bombs (which is barely one third of the game) this game turns to Normal mode with normal progression. And I thought "Why could not these exclusive rooms be in Normal mode?" during playing the rest of it. By the way, maybe I found a sequence break here. After entering Rocava from Acead I could solve shinespark puzzle and get my first power bombs before fighting Ridley.

Anyway, here are my screenshots of completing this hack. Even through I listed seemengly a lot of downsides, this hack is top-tier, could be best hack of the year, too. I will recommend it to my hommies, and maybe I would even record a video playthrough for both modes. Also, I know I could miss something interesting in this hack, too. At least, I want to know, how to execute these shinespark puzzles to skip bosses. Also, I wish I could hear this hack's music in sound test mode.

This is my first time writing feedback on this forum, so I am sorry if I have done something not right.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: Mikhail on March 29, 2023, 08:37:00 PM
So, I completed this hack twice, on Normal and True Ending modes. I can surely say that this is one of the greatest hacks I have completed. Through, it has some minor nitpicks that, I think, worth mentioning.

Thanks your playing and feedback. The project is still in progress, your suggestions are very important.
Btw, the skip boss routes you found are the part of [spoiler]No Boss Route. You can aquire all abilities without fighting bosses. Just like Super Zero Mission[/spoiler].

Mikhail

Damn, I thought exactly the same after I posted my feedback here. What happened to this hack? I could not find it on main site and this link does lead nowhere https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=732

Conner

Quote from: Mikhail on March 30, 2023, 09:15:47 AM
Damn, I thought exactly the same after I posted my feedback here. What happened to this hack? I could not find it on main site and this link does lead nowhere https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=732

When a hack gets updated on the main site it has to be re-approved. Approving sometimes takes time, because not every Approver is online all the time. Don't worry, it will be on the main site again in a bit.

jasinchen

Quote from: Mikhail on March 30, 2023, 09:15:47 AM
It updated today and waiting for approval. Please wait a minute

Oniku

With Missile, Super Missile, Spacer, Charge Beam, Gravity Suit, Morph Ball, Power Grip, Speed Booster, High Jump, and Screw Attack, I defeated Kirugiru and entered KARST from the bottom left, but I felt stuck. To do.
Is there something I overlooked?

jasinchen

Quote from: Oniku on March 31, 2023, 11:22:34 PM
With Missile, Super Missile, Spacer, Charge Beam, Gravity Suit, Morph Ball, Power Grip, Speed Booster, High Jump, and Screw Attack, I defeated Kirugiru and entered KARST from the bottom left, but I felt stuck. To do.
It seems that you are in True Ending mode and stuck in the water wothout Bomb.
This is a hard-lock in v1.1.1.
Here is a special version which can secure Samus from underwater. You just need go back Tangle and get Bomb from here.(right door)[spoiler][/spoiler]
https://github.com/JasinChen/Metroid-Desolation/releases/download/v1.1.2/Metroid-Desolation.v1.1.2.for.Meinos.bps
Sorry for this issue.

Oniku

Quote from: jasinchen on April 01, 2023, 12:28:18 AM
Here is a special version which can secure Samus from underwater. You just need go back Tangle and get Bomb from here.(right door)[spoiler][/spoiler]
https://github.com/JasinChen/Metroid-Desolation/releases/download/v1.1.2/Metroid-Desolation.v1.1.2.for.Meinos.bps
Sorry for this issue.

Have you already fixed it in an update?
sorry.
I will update, thanks!
I really enjoy playing!

jasinchen

Quote from: Oniku on April 01, 2023, 01:12:51 AM
Quote from: jasinchen on April 01, 2023, 12:28:18 AM
Sorry for this issue.

Have you already fixed it in an update?
sorry.
I will update, thanks!
I really enjoy playing!
It is fixed in v1.1.2, which avoiding Samus go into underwater without bomb/pb.