News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

HACK SERIES: HECKTROID

Started by alexman25, April 29, 2017, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

Hi! I'm not doing this anymore, so most of this is false info.

Hello! This is where I am posting about my hack series: Hecktroid! It's totally bonkers, and'll make you go, "What the heck?!"!
Updates for the most recent entry will be at the bottom!

SERIES INFO: There will 3 main types of hack I will do for this series. The first, A mini hack of Zero Mission, where the average playtime will be between 30-40 mins. Will feature different areas, layouts, bosses, and sometimes text.
The second, a quick-play hack of Zero Mission or Fusion. Will focus on one specific gimmick, and will probably be a
5-15 min play, just for quick fun! These will be of better quality, because I won't have to work on too many rooms!
The third, is where I'll try something completely new to me! Like, making a Super Metroid hack!

I don't intend on DEMO releases, and I will make updates after the hack is finished.

CURRENT PROJECTS

Quick Play.
Hecktroid Fusion
Not started yet. Gimmick: all
walls are climbable.
Plot: Semus almost died!
The only cure was a Spider
vaccine, the transformed her
suit into the Spider Man Suit!
Now go save a space station!

-Finished hacks

HECKTROID
WARNING! DO NOT ENTER SAVE ROOMS IF AVOIDABLE! Except the first one, that has something useful.

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Fixed lack of begginning cut scene,

IF YOU WANT DOWNLOAD, PM ME. NO LONGER PUBLIC.

Thanks for your time!

Progress so far: Edited most of the text, screwed up some rooms, chozodia save rooms spawn mecha ridley for some reason (messed up there), some warps added (you can get to space pirate mother ship without even the morph ball), Edited most off the bosses
Imago: Only has 1 HP but will pretty much Insta-Kill.
Ridley: Has buffed health, 2 of them spawn.
Kraid: Lost his body, only has 1 HP.
Mother Brain: Only has 1 HP.
Mecha Ridley: Only has 1 HP + destroying his glass case, and it is hard to see in his room.
Escape route changed, Chozodia Room 0 has Brinstar warp and Charley warp, Chozodia Room 1 has Power Bomb warp, Chozodia Room 41 has Mecha Ridley warp, Brinstar Room 1 has Chozodia warp. There are some others, but I forgot. Kraid and Ridley no longer required to beat.
Weapon edits: All beam weapons except Plasma travel at speed 1, with Plasma at speed 3. Charge beam negates this, so Ii suggest picking it up. Missiles Do massive damage, but travel at speed 1. Super missiles do less damage, but travel at speed 200. Bombs and Power Bombs immideatly explode apon being placed, so bomb jumping is a piece of cake.

Update!
Hack name is being changed to Hecktroid, Ridley now required to beat before accessing Tourian, Brinstar Chozodia warp moved to Long Beam Chozo Statue room (Room 5). Required Items for shortcut are Power Bombs, and Speed Booster. Also a Super Missile in the room, that requires speed-boosting across crumble blocks, and shine sparking back. If you fail, you fall in a rather cheap Brain Juice pit. More rooms discovered to house Mecha Ridley. Can someone potentially tell me how this could happen?, Crutial warp in Brinstar broken, working on fixing.

Update!
Chozodia portion of the game no longer exists. No bosses required, but reccomended for full experiance. New plot. Mother Brain moved to Ridley's Lair (Imago room). Escape sequence involves going through Tourian (Super Missiles and Missiles Required!), Chozodia Room 0 is still accessable, but there is an un-openable door, and the only thing to find there is Missiles and an Energy Tank., Old Escape Route Removed, Brinstar finished! Kraid finished! Ridley finished! Tourian finished! Crateria finished! Hack devided into two parts. Part one is 99.99999% completed! I will release it after one simple change.

Update! (Final)
One Power Bomb removed.

Cpt.Glitch

I'd suggest joining the mage discord we have. Posting screenshots is easy. Just wrap "img"  in brackets surrounded by the direct image link. Also use MAGE's documentation as a lot of information is there. Always check there first for questions. 

H A M

fixed version to make it playable on real hardware (i think)