News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Extra 3GB of Storage for Dropbox

Started by Quietus, March 20, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Hi, guys 'n' gals! :yay:

I know that a number of us use Dropbox for our storage needs, so this'll probably come in handy for those of you that do.

Dropbox currently have their latest build (beta 1.3.4 at the time of writing this) available, and it includes a nifty feature for uploading pictures and videos.  That's pretty good on it's own, but...

They're currently offering an incentive for users to make use of the facility, and are giving you an extra 500MB of storage space for every 500MB you upload with it, up to a maximum of 3GB, so get yourself a load of pics (if you don't have enough, just make copies to get to 3GB), stick them on a memory stick, remove the stick, plug it back in, and select the Import option from the Autoplay menu.

Don't worry about it interfering with your existing stuff, as it creates a new folder called 'Camera Uploads'.

As soon as you've been granted your extra 3GB, just delete all of the pictures again.

Hope this helps some of you! :nod:

UPDATE: You can also get 500MB+ by jumping through a few (minor) hoops. :wink:

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on March 20, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
UPDATE: You can also get 500MB+ by jumping through a few (minor) hoops. :wink:
Those require Facebook and Twitter accounts (whatever those are). The 3GB sounds more worthwhile.

Quietus

Yeah, it depends if you're into those things.  I didn't do either, but typing a quick comment for the bottom one can't hurt, right? :heheh:

Silver Skree

Muahahaha. Magnificent. thanks for sharing, Quietus.

Mon732

Also, would shortcuts work? That would reduce the space taken up though the files would have to go somewhere.

Quietus

I would imagine not, as I believe the uploader only 'sees' pictures and videos, and shortcuts would likely just be seen as a bunch of .lnk files.  It only has to be there temporarily, however.  Just long enough to get your reward.  Then remove them again.