News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMART feature requests

Started by H A M, February 26, 2023, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H A M

i heard of the MAGConst Discord archive
so I will not use discord

My feature requests:
Custom Quickmet RAM
Quickmet boss bits
Apply ASM files to quickmet (so I don't have to touch the ROM)
More than 6 intro pages
Custom characters in intro text
Make SMART open-source
UPDATE 3/7:
make enemy selection use their actual hitboxes

OmegaDragnet9

While I do agree with FelixWright that we should maintain the wiki better, a feature request like this would certainly go a lot further on the SMART discord server. I get very quick responses from Amoeba and TestRunner when I take my concerns and questions there.

TobiMikami

Actually I agree with him on this one, people should try to check their forum threads at least once a day/once every other day. If you can be on a chat room for hours a day, is it that hard to check the forum once? I can excuse real life stuff, but it's hard to say "I'm too busy to check the forum" when you're on an IRC every day.

OmegaDragnet9

Quote from: nodever2 on February 28, 2023, 04:53:20 PM
Especially when https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=recent is a thing, yes

Sad to say it was only just now I saw that was a thing. Wish the site had that at the top of the page, but great to know we can keep track of that here.

nodever2

It's at the bottom of the home page, but yes it is somewhat easy to miss.

OmegaDragnet9

I'm just glad to see this forum pick up more traffic lately. I spent several years just reading posts to glean what info I could; but it seemed quiet for a little while.

H A M

it's me that triggered this after i quit discord

TobiMikami

It USED to be slappin' in here especially on the SM boards, during probably the heyday of gaming forums at its peak between maybe idk 2005-2013, by that point everything went to these huge social media sites like Twitter and Facebook more based on socializing with close personal contacts, and only communities with a strong and usually unique purpose of being, such as this one, remain standing. Look at most of the other Metroid forums that came out in the aughts, MDb? Gone. M2K2? Gone.

I've been floating around this site since 2012, 2014, 2016-17, and then now, it slowed down a bit between 2012 and 2016, but it didn't really drop off until I came back last year again where it's like post apocalyptic here. Realistically if more people were active on these forums I think it would grow this community both on and off that damn IRC. People judge books by their cover, if they see a dead ass forum a good percent are gonna presume it dead and move on.

H A M

a solution is to have a discord bot that announces fourm posts

FelixWright

Quote from: H A M on March 01, 2023, 07:17:17 PM
a solution is to have a discord bot that announces fourm posts

The hilarious-man bot has been doing this for a while, In fact that's how I saw this forum post. Most of the discussion is still happening on Discord though