Music Hackers: What should i use to make or edit sounds and music?

Started by TobiMikami, January 12, 2023, 02:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiMikami

I know there's only a few music hackers here and I also know they're largely SM hackers, I'm building my Prime remake The Tallon IV Project in Game Maker Studio, so I don't have the challenge of exporting and sixteen bit limits, etc. I've heard Audacity tossed around, is Audacity a good progran for this? I'm not trying to make like, beats like for rap songs like my DJ friend with his Fruity Loops, I'd probably be mixing tracks or individual instrumental tracks into something fitting. Music is the only aspect of this I've never done but I'm interested. Are there any guides on the site relating to this superficially, not just the import and export from SM, but once its extracted any info on how to play with the music, is mainly what I'd be looking for. Appreciate any help anyone can give, thanks!

linkfanpc

Hi Tobi, I have no experience with it but I recommend you check out FL Studio if you're still looking. It's the same program used funnily enough by Toby Fox, the creator and composer for Undertale, among many other games, and it's very simple and the free version has a soundfont player which would let you compose new songs as MP4 files using Super Metroid's soundfont (all the instruments and synths used by the game itself) so as to keep your new music sounding accurate. I also know Game Maker is what Undertale is built on so I know GM and FLS work great with each other.

Mentlegen

Quote from: TobiMikami on January 12, 2023, 02:44:21 AM
I know there's only a few music hackers here and I also know they're largely SM hackers, I'm building my Prime remake The Tallon IV Project in Game Maker Studio, so I don't have the challenge of exporting and sixteen bit limits, etc. I've heard Audacity tossed around, is Audacity a good progran for this? I'm not trying to make like, beats like for rap songs like my DJ friend with his Fruity Loops, I'd probably be mixing tracks or individual instrumental tracks into something fitting. Music is the only aspect of this I've never done but I'm interested. Are there any guides on the site relating to this superficially, not just the import and export from SM, but once its extracted any info on how to play with the music, is mainly what I'd be looking for. Appreciate any help anyone can give, thanks!

Yo what's good bro, I see you are using GMS2. Audacity is a great program for editing sound, but for writing music you're going to want to find a DAW that you like. Check the main site under resources for a collection of SM instruments to write music. Feel free to DM me on Discord if you need help Mentlegen#9005. See you next mission my boi.