News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The principles of Engine Works - READ BEFORE POSTING

Started by Zhs2, March 01, 2010, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Welcome to the Engine Works! Put on some rags and get ready to get down and dirty! Basically, this board is for topics specifically aimed at getting help with doing something inside the Metroid engines that have been provided for us, or quite possibly just sharing a bit of information so that everyone can benefit. Of course, they come as follows:

- Before posting a topic, check our Documents to see if your question is answered there, and also check our Commonly Asked Questions.

- Keep one question per topic, unless said questions are related to one another in some way, shape, or form. This helps to keep threads uncluttered and informative for other readers.

- Don't make a new topic for the same question if one already exists. Do a search first to see if your question has already been answered somewhere.

- Tag your posts appropriately with the name of the game you're asking a question about, most preferably a short form surrounded by square brackets. The following tags are acceptable examples:

• Metroid - [M1]
  • Metroid 2 - [M2]
  • Super Metroid - [SM]
  • Metroid Fusion - [MF]
  • Metroid Zero Mission - [MZM]
If the appropriate tag is not in this list, feel free to invent your own and specify. :wink:
If the thread's question is centered around a more advanced topic, feel free to also mark the topic with a subsequent tag.
Examples:

• [SM] Where is pointer, and where is bank?
  • [MF] [ASM] Removing that goddamned event system?

- Keep general releases in the boards they were made for, i.e. assembly patches or other meant to be applied to the hack directly. This board is strictly informative. Commented assembly for the purpose of learning is fine.

- Asking for help and asking for someone to do the work for you are two very different things. This board is for asking questions and gaining general information on the inner workings of our favorite games, not for soliciting contributors to your hack in progress.

- Any topics that are irrelevant to this board's purpose will be nuked on sight. This precludes threads that violate the above bullet. You have been warned.

The forum rules apply as well, of course. Have fun, and happy hacking!

squishy_ichigo

Due to people not following the guidelines set forth in this topic, this board has become overrun with repeat topics, mislabeled topics, and topics with multiple questions.  This makes it difficult for people to find the answers that they need, which only causes this board to be even more overrun with said problem.

As such, I am taking it upon myself to more strictly enforce these guidelines moving forward.
I will be cleaning up this board by:

-repeat topics will be deleted/merged
-mislabeled topics will be correctly labelled
-topics with multiple questions will be split