News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Dark side of Zebes

Started by A.D. Vanderstein, January 06, 2023, 01:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.D. Vanderstein

Story:

The year is 2099... After being in a coma for many years Samus wakes up in the Darkholme medical facility located 50 lightyears from Earth. Soon after her awakening she meets a stranger named A.D. Vanderstein who tells her that she was placed in a medically induced coma due to her traumatic experience while on planet Auriga and that her life was in danger because of what she had found there...Some time later the security computer malfuntions and puts the entire facility on lockdown but with aid from her new friend she is able to escape...

Now an older and wiser Samus must go on one last mission to follow a strange map she found while on planet Auriga. This digital discovery shows the existence of a lost planet that was hidden from the galactic archives by the federation. As Samus strikes out on this final quest she will not be alone,  a team of Cosmic Expendables stands ready to fight with her as she uncovers the truth on the DARK SIDE OF ZEBES...

As you may can tell I am a huge fan of Super Metroid, Metroid hacks, and fan games and have been inspired by these games to create my own chapter of Metroid. I have always wanted Nintendo to do a Super Metroid remake but after waiting so many years i decided to do it my self. I always though that it would be a cool idea if Zebes had survive its demise and Samus was able to return.

This game is stand alone chapter in a much larger story. There is much more to say but for now enjoy the full official trailer in HD.
https://youtu.be/FN7nfnZ_wSQ

Metaquarius

Metroid meets OpenBor basically... Fighting seems kinda awkward from the looks of it, with a very stiff Samus. Sadly, exploration/backtracking is nowhere to be seen which is peculiar for a so-called "Super Metroid remake". But I guess that's not worse than making a Animetroid dating sim.

I like you can battle against Darkholme Hospital's mainframe at 2:26, @Cloud20  would be proud I guess ^^

A.D. Vanderstein

Yeah it's not a true Super Metroid remake but it is a return to Zebes with huge emphasis on boss battles. On the subject of Darkholme and planet Auriga from Vitality, I thought it would be cool to link my game story to tie in with some of the stories from my favorite hacks. As I said in my open, this is only a small part of the bigger story with a lot more to be shown.

TobiMikami

I mean the art style is pretty cool for a battle game. Its not a traditional metroid that way its shorter lived and all, but hey, it's cool nonetheless. Original that's for sure.