Need ALPHA Players - The Tallon IV Project "Players Choice" Demo 2022

Started by TobiMikami, November 09, 2022, 01:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiMikami

So far in November, Metroid Prime is now 20 years old, today (in America) was election day, and in the spirit of players choice, it seemed fitting to announce both the coming demo (expected by the end of the month) but before I release a demo for everyone to play, I need at least two or three alpha players to play blind and see if they encounter any major gamebreaks or issues I'd want to fix before I make a grand release. Since this will be a non-canonical game, it will be like Metroid Confrontation to AM2R. I am trying to develop a fair play time with at least a boss prolly Kraid, MAYBE 2, you'll start with Varia maybe or be able to get it and most of the early game items. You'll start in the Tallon IV overworld and be able to travel from there thru the Magmoor Caverns for a short tour into the Phendrana Drifts for a short tour, possible access to a few rooms of the Glacier One labs, before returning to Tallon Overworlrd to take Transport Tunnel E to the Phazon Mines access, where you'll go through a few rooms and maybe a fungal hall or two, before the final fight and a timed escape from the mines back to the overworld. All in all it will be a quick produced game design wise with a lot of the rooms being smaller hall rooms connecting larger open rooms to create a larger atmosphere and more places to check. A lot of the overworld is built, a few rooms of all the areas listed, Pause, Save, etc is all going, we're on track to drop a demo just for players to try the game's new physics and slope mechanics so we can see if they have anything they'd like to change, I can do so as this will be the ONLY demo before the Tallon IV Project continues its work. Anyone who wants to be an alpha player drop a comment or message me, anyone is welcomed to petition to be an alpha player but please keep in mind, in exchange for playing the game early, nothing is cut and so you'll have nothing really to expect to be different from the public release except any bug fixes.

FRMSH

It's very cool! I am a Chinese player.Can I be an alpha player?

H A M

TobiMikami

Quote from: H A M on November 13, 2022, 12:15:36 PM
alpha barf kraid
I see what you did there LOL. I will confirm however, there will be no barf Kraid lol. Depending on timeframe, if I have time to do minor edits I'd prolly use the SM Kraid, if I don't I'll end up throwing vanilla ZM kraid into the game,I don't want to spoil too much of the game before the release, but he's going to be a late game boss in phazon mines sublvl 3 and 4, there's an item down there you'll acquire that will have to be used navigate the lower mining levels, and that item will also be relevant in the second half of the Kraid fight. The first phase will encourage using the power grip hang and aim controls and the automatic climb function as a sort of strafing method to get some of the best shots and dodge projectiles. You'll also want to use the game's scan Visor function on all the bosses because it will give you a hint about weaknesses and actually triggers a flag in some cases like the Parasite queen in Prime, where you'll actually deal more damage having scanned the boss and identifying the enemy weak point. There's definitely gonna be some new uses for old items, something I really liked in SM, like the grapple beam/shinespark into Draygon, boost balling Ridley, wavebustung the invisible drone in Prime, the chance to stumble upon some really weird way to kill a boss just by trying something, so some will require unconventional use of weapons, others will just have hidden weaknesses players have to find for themselves!

Everyone who comments will get a PM from me as soon as I build it out, it will be a couple weeks still at least I think, I just got the Prime message box I made working with Physix's animation code, and I'm working on putting the subscreen together in proper order. I don't know if I'll have time to get the new map imported and working for this demo, since it is a demo and a fairly small one, I will release an external map for the game demo, but there may be  a few 'hidden' rooms that are completely off the map with no obvious hatch in sight.

Metaquarius

Quote from: TobiMikami on November 09, 2022, 01:18:50 AM
before I release a demo for everyone to play
Sheesh... remember what happened to Prime 2D ? Don't you see it ? Yeah, C&D is waiting for you at the corner.
Keep it small, only alpha tested by a handful of people, that's the best advice I can give you.

TobiMikami

The more I think about it, you do have a very valid point. I honestly never would have figured I'd have put something together that would grab the kind of attention as those projects, but at this point it's so far along I'd hate to see anything happen, I think everyone WOULD rather play the full game, AM2R at least got a complete version.

SirAileron

Unfortunately, Meta's words of caution really are important to heed. If you know people you can trust to not leak anything, and are able to trust the feedback from, that would be your best bet in the long run.