Expanded Metroid Prime-Style Remake Engine (EMPyRE 2D, v3.1) and Subsequent Game

Started by TobiMikami, October 10, 2022, 01:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiMikami

E.M.P.y.R.E. 3.1.0 is now officially launched, the new version will focus heavily on world expansion and traveling across the Expanded areas of Tallon IV. This new build includes Elevators that transition to different rooms much like the 2D games, the gunship will offer to fly you to another discovered LZ (Landing Zone) that you've discovered, assuming you've discovered one. The controller saves the ships location under an array Value "LZAt" which stores the room name of the associated LZ, which is also assigned an index number like LZ[0], LZ[1], etc, this stores the resource name for all LZs in game, and by inputting the specific array index into LZAt[LZIndex], Samus's ship will remain in the new world it Lands in. The ship cannot be called to another LZ, you must pick up your ship where you leave it, the only exception being fleeing the  Impact Crater at the end of the game. The early, buggy, but working concept:
https://youtu.be/WfzMLIgIFSY?si=YyLc24jcKws-fak5

TobiMikami

The game is built on Windows OS, when it's complete it'll be released as a Windows executable (.exe) standalone, no installer, it'll just be a RAR file with some program files and an executable, run it to run the game. There are no current demos or anything to even release, there's a lot of things that work but there's a lot of unfinished stuff I want to address before I release it for a proper test play

dewhi100

Is this the same project that got DMCAd by nintendo a while back? With the chozo ruins demo that had BOX?

TobiMikami

No, this is a completely different project, albeit with similar motives.

TobiMikami

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm still working slowly behind the scenes. The "Temple Hall" proudly won ROTM March 2024 the project's first win since ROTW 2014 so that's exciting at least. I'm not dead, just tired boss.