News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Z-Factor vs Redesign Axiel

Started by djcdubz, August 29, 2022, 08:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcdubz

Just finished Z-Factor and am trying to rate it. It reminds me a lot of Redesign/Redesign Axiel in terms of quality/level design, but I have no idea which one I prefer as they both have their respective pros and cons. Which do you think is the better hack and why?

Zincoshine

Axeil is much harder but more polished than Z-factor. Z-factor suffers from a case of really bad design at small but important points whereas Axeil suffers from those terribly designed metroids and the IBJ requirement for the statue in upper left maridia. The two most notable problems with z-factor are https://imgur.com/a/a7yMKXt and the heat run. The heat run in particular combined with the search for the varia suit makes the z-factor norfair the worst norfair I've ever seen in a hack. If I was forced to recommend one or the other I would definitely pick axeil, at least you can actually get to tourian in Axeil before the hack becomes unbearable.