News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Ethical Metroid

Started by dewhi100, April 02, 2022, 10:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewhi100

As a human I am very concerned with the ongoing collapse of our society into anarchy and decadence. THEREFORE I have struck out to turn the tide of history here and now in the only way I know.

This hack was grown in humane, organic, corn-fed conditions. The moment you download the Super Ethical Metroid [JU] IPS, something will change in your brain. You'll be more calm, more patient. You'll feel a little better. A variety of educational content has been programmed into the Super Ethical Metroid ROM hack that you will experience throughout your ethical journey.

BREAKING NEWS
Super Ethical Metroid now comes in a hot new optional flavor- Super Ethical Metroid: Community Service Edition. The community spoke, and it was my moral obligation to listen.
Community Service Edition is the same classic taste you love, now with the following ethical enhancements:

• The flash-bang has become a soft glow
  • A brand-new item makes a certain area slightly easier to navigate
  • Updated one area's map to make progression more obvious
  • Added a very small new sub-area and miniboss fight
  • A room connection bug is fixed
  • Fixed a misleading tiling error
  • Fixed a suitless stuck
  • Fixed softlocks in a specific room
Some hacks will make you a better player. This one will make you a better person.

Steel Sparkle

That was an interesting hack. Nice job.

Critique on a future item. this was played on SNES9x 1.60
[spoiler]I would suggest changing the Crazy Eye's item so it doesn't constantly flash, i don't suffer from seizure's but even i found it to be rather annoying.[/spoiler]

H A M

Where's the enterance to the final area?

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: H A M on April 05, 2022, 12:08:03 PM
Where's the enterance to the final area?

[spoiler]that crystal area, the hub area with all the crystals that connected to all the other area's.[/spoiler]

H A M

i've beaten all bosses except gold torizo and mother brain, where are they?

makazuwr32

Now we only need Super Memetroid: Ethical edition.

DonnyDonovan

I've beaten three of four major bosses and have all but two items, but for the life of me can't find the wrecked ship area and Phantoon.  Hint?

Exister

How many custom items do you have?

DonnyDonovan

I got what I gather are "custom" items after beating [spoiler]Ridley and Draygon, so 2 I guess?, plus the weird X-ray scope that I refuse to use because it is so annoying after Kraid[/spoiler]

Exister

Alright then, my hint is that I had to ask that question in the first place to give you a hint  :^_^:

DonnyDonovan

Well aren't you a cryptic one.  :lol:

DonnyDonovan

Kidding aside, I've been wandering for awhile.  Don't want it spoon-fed, but maybe a TINY bit more concrete hint?

Exister

Uhh... how about this: [spoiler]there is no wrecked ship[/spoiler]

RT-55J

To find Phantoon's area, just go to [spoiler]ERROR.[/spoiler]

More precisely: [spoiler]to the left of G4 are all the area connections, while to the right of G4 is the maze to Phantoon. I don't remember the exact path to Phantoon, but this hint should help narrow down the search space significantly.[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

That should be more than enough.  Sorry to have played the role of the clueless galoot today.

Edit:  I give up.  I've been wandering ERROR in circles for an hour.  Without some sort of hint it's not fun.  I just keep repeating the same five or six rooms again and again no matter what I do.  Had enjoyed the game up until now. 

dewhi100

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on April 09, 2022, 01:52:27 PM
That should be more than enough.  Sorry to have played the role of the clueless galoot today.

Edit:  I give up.  I've been wandering ERROR in circles for an hour.  Without some sort of hint it's not fun.  I just keep repeating the same five or six rooms again and again no matter what I do.  Had enjoyed the game up until now.

Sorry. It's a tough one. Even knowing the trick to it... [spoiler]you still have to deal with RNG[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The easier a door is to get to in a room, the more likely it is to lead away from Phantoon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Specifically, lower doors always lead back towards G4. Higher Doors *sometimes* move you ahead, sometimes "sideways".[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Only one door in the whole maze leads to Phantoon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I added a new item in this release that eliminates the RNG and locks the maze in a stable configuration once you collect it. Too late for you though- [spoiler]It's the Kraid item and X-ray was moved.[/spoiler] [/spoiler] There isn't a lot of hack left after the maze anyway.
Sorry again, that maze is too unfair, it's almost unethical.

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on April 09, 2022, 01:52:27 PM

I used savestates before going into the next room, and savestate when I thought the room looked different. A combination of that and just getting lucky. I also realize this is probably zero help to you.  :lol:

DonnyDonovan

There's a video on Youtube.  I used that. 

SMKJ

the game froze at a certain moment:  :cry:
[spoiler]turning off that weird x-visor in front of an eyedoor somewhere in that maze area caused the game to freeze.[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

I finished it.  I liked it but the crystal maze, as pointed out above, was obnoxious, and that entire area was not very fun or interesting even after it wasn't a maze.  I did figure out how to save the animals during the escape which seemed, well, ethical.

dewhi100

Quote from: SMKJ on April 14, 2022, 08:41:01 AM
the game froze at a certain moment:  :cry:
[spoiler]turning off that weird x-visor in front of an eyedoor somewhere in that maze area caused the game to freeze.[/spoiler]

That's a sucky place to have the game crash. Sorry.

dewhi100

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on April 14, 2022, 04:35:06 PM
I finished it.  I liked it but the crystal maze, as pointed out above, was obnoxious, and that entire area was not very fun or interesting even after it wasn't a maze.  I did figure out how to save the animals during the escape which seemed, well, ethical.

Thanks for finishing it. I would 100% have understand if you hadn't.

DramaticMarquinh0svi

I really like this rom hack,it's pretty good, i have 99% of items (only missing a missile) and i know how to get screw attack, save the animals and i also made a map for this rom hack and i beat this rom hack in both 1.0 and 1.1, in 1.0 i got really lucky with the error maze as i got to the eye door pretty quickly,theres also a glich that is if you have x ray in a 1.0 save then go to 1.1 and get the new x ray location,after the ninja pirates a sound glich happens and most of the time entering a door in the room crashes the game, and it always happened in that room after i got the 2nd x ray,also for some reason it said i had 96% when i beat the rom hack after getting the 2nd x ray even tho i was supposed to have 98% (I had a missing missile and a power bomb missing too), also i tried to get screw attack in 1.1 but for some reason it didn't work, the only thing that dissapointed me was the final area because it was just a room,then golden torizo then a escape that ends up in the vanilla sm.
This rom hack is pretty fun and i really like it, not in my favorites but it's pretty good overall for a april fools hack

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: DramaticMarquinh0svi on April 14, 2022, 07:29:26 PM
I really like this rom hack,it's pretty good, i have 99% of items (only missing a missile) and i know how to get screw attack, save the animals and i also made a map for this rom hack and i beat this rom hack in both 1.0 and 1.1, in 1.0 i got really lucky with the error maze as i got to the eye door pretty quickly,theres also a glich that is if you have x ray in a 1.0 save then go to 1.1 and get the new x ray location,after the ninja pirates a sound glich happens and most of the time entering a door in the room crashes the game, and it always happened in that room after i got the 2nd x ray,also for some reason it said i had 96% when i beat the rom hack after getting the 2nd x ray even tho i was supposed to have 98% (I had a missing missile and a power bomb missing too), also i tried to get screw attack in 1.1 but for some reason it didn't work, the only thing that dissapointed me was the final area because it was just a room,then golden torizo then a escape that ends up in the vanilla sm.
This rom hack is pretty fun and i really like it, not in my favorites but it's pretty good overall for a april fools hack
hey can i ask if you want to send/post the map please?