News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Duper Metroid

Started by Metaquarius, December 04, 2021, 11:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandirus

I like the way this hack works. I know that some times, in Rando mode, we got stuck in somewhere.
One of my plays in Rando mode, I found that the Speed Booster was in the only spot where he will never be caught, because it's only reachable with Speed Ball.
So, I start another play, another Rando code.
And so on.

Maybe if we could manually change the codes, so we can share some good runs.

Anyway, thanks for this hack.

Metaquarius

Quote from: Grandirus on March 26, 2023, 02:10:56 PM
I like the way this hack works. I know that some times, in Rando mode, we got stuck in somewhere.
One of my plays in Rando mode, I found that the Speed Booster was in the only spot where he will never be caught, because it's only reachable with Speed Ball.
And so on.

You can manually set up your rando seed number when highlighted pressing select button then any directions to change digits.
Be sure to share your codes here if you have found some good runs.

Grandirus

Quote from: Metaquarius on March 26, 2023, 04:49:21 PM
Quote from: Grandirus on March 26, 2023, 02:10:56 PM
And so on.

You can manually set up your rando seed number when highlighted pressing select button then any directions to change digits.
Be sure to share your codes here if you have found some good runs.

Oh! Thanks.
I will try some codes.

Grandirus

Here is a good code:
- 003D

I only started and save after enter Norfair from Brinstar, but, here's some goods:
Plasma and Charge in Crateria.
High Jump Boots, Ice Beam, Grapple and Gravity Suit in Brinstar.

Take a try.

hmsong

Hi.  I'm on my first run, but I have few questions:
- What exactly is "Quick Morph" in the menu?  Well, I'm guessing it's morphing into Morph Ball without crouching first, but how do you do it?  The description says, "Hold ? and press Down", but I can't seem to be able to do it.
- In some areas/rooms, X-Ray doesn't seem to work.  I mean, it works for most paths/blocks, but for some, the hidden paths aren't shown, or the destroyable blocks aren't shown.  Was that intended?  Or was it just a mistake?

caauyjdp

Quickmorph is hold item cancel and press down. I'm guessing you have bound it to some more exotic button and it doesn't support displaying it in the tooltip. Should still work tho.

As for xray, in vanilla it doesn't work in some rooms and on some tiles(which might be unused in vanilla). Can't say if it's intentionally done in duper.

Metaquarius

Quote from: caauyjdp on May 03, 2024, 08:24:04 AM
As for xray, in vanilla it doesn't work in some rooms and on some tiles(which might be unused in vanilla). Can't say if it's intentionally done in duper.
It's not intended. X-Ray doesn't work with "Fireflea FX" (rooms with dimming/lighting background effect)
I think there is one place in particular where this can lead to some confusion but thankfully minimap has a hint. [spoiler](Crocomire's entrance)[/spoiler]

hmsong

Quote from: caauyjdp on May 03, 2024, 08:24:04 AM
Quickmorph is hold item cancel and press down. I'm guessing you have bound it to some more exotic button and it doesn't support displaying it in the tooltip. Should still work tho.

Ohh, so that's what Quickmorph does.  I'm using a keyboard, and I set the cancel to Shift key.  Thanks.

As for the X-ray not working in some room in vanilla, it's actually only ONE wall that X-Ray doesn't work.  Everywhere else, it works.

Quote from: Metaquarius on May 03, 2024, 01:17:33 PM
It's not intended. X-Ray doesn't work with "Fireflea FX" (rooms with dimming/lighting background effect)
I think there is one place in particular where this can lead to some confusion but thankfully minimap has a hint. [spoiler](Crocomire's entrance)[/spoiler]

Do you have a complete map of SDMetroid?  There are actually more than few areas with X-Ray not working, and I can point them out.  And some of those were crucial places.

drb

Quote from: hmsong on May 05, 2024, 11:52:31 AM
Do you have a complete map of SDMetroid?  There are actually more than few areas with X-Ray not working, and I can point them out.  And some of those were crucial places.

I've got one.  https://imgur.com/jbjtDCD

hmsong

Quote from: drb on May 05, 2024, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: hmsong on May 05, 2024, 11:52:31 AM

I've got one.  https://imgur.com/jbjtDCD

Awesome.  Thanks.  I got 100%.

Btw, what's up with that dead guy that says something like, "Don't go into Tourian without Morphball"?  Can you even get to Tourian without the Morphball? (ie no more bomb)  Also, is there no way to save the animals?