News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Funfar 2 - Funfarrer

Started by Noxus, November 28, 2021, 06:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnyDonovan

That one was far easier to spot I just wanted to make sure I hadn't found a weird version bug or something where that door was broken.  I'm on my way.   

Edit: This hack so far does have some interesting ways in which you go through areas backwards compared to Vanilla.  Botwoon took way too long to kill equipped as you are at that moment.  His HP should be lowered. 

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on December 03, 2021, 11:12:05 AM
That one was far easier to spot I just wanted to make sure I hadn't found a weird version bug or something where that door was broken.  I'm on my way.   

Edit: This hack so far does have some interesting ways in which you go through areas backwards compared to Vanilla.  Botwoon took way too long to kill equipped as you are at that moment.  His HP should be lowered.
Agreed. Pain in the ass he is.  :<_<: Glad u like it so far though  :^_^:

Noxus

v2.5 is now available, not much changed, except botwoon isn't as mch of a pita. Thx Donny for the suggest.  :^_^:

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on December 06, 2021, 03:13:26 AM
v2.5 is now available, not much changed, except botwoon isn't as mch of a pita. Thx Donny for the suggest.  :^_^:
lol a pita ahahah
cool noxus.
it's time to stop botwoon from being harder than his boss, Draygon, i guess?

Sickwood

I'm pretty sure the PBs next to Vanilla Morph retrobrin area respawn and I collected them twice, not sure if intentional. Also it would be nice to add some shortcuts ie. PB blocks somewhere in Greenhills to cut to the otherside later in game, sort of like how you added Speed blocks to shortcut Red Tower. Long looping/backtracking late in game not fun. Otherwise much better than Funfar 1. Highlights being wacky routing through Tourian and early game, lowlights being Norfair as a whole. Also liked the Super Zero mission-esque movement of ship.

You have some talents with room state changes for sure. Would you be interested in fixing up/modding some old obscure hack like Screwed and Chopped as your next project?  It's an ancient hack that actually had some neat things but broken and incomplete. I had thought about fixing it up as a starter project myself, but working on just bug fixing another oldie that is complete but broken

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Sickwood on December 07, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
I'm pretty sure the PBs next to Vanilla Morph retrobrin area respawn and I collected them twice, not sure if intentional. Also it would be nice to add some shortcuts ie. PB blocks somewhere in Greenhills to cut to the otherside later in game, sort of like how you added Speed blocks to shortcut Red Tower. Long looping/backtracking late in game not fun. Otherwise much better than Funfar 1. Highlights being wacky routing through Tourian and early game, lowlights being Norfair as a whole. Also liked the Super Zero mission-esque movement of ship.

You have some talents with room state changes for sure. Would you be interested in fixing up/modding some old obscure hack like Screwed and Chopped as your next project?  It's an ancient hack that actually had some neat things but broken and incomplete. I had thought about fixing it up as a starter project myself, but working on just bug fixing another oldie that is complete but broken
wish someone would fix blockland final area and such lol

ZebesianScientist

Where do I go from the room above Old Tourain's escape shaft?

Sickwood

Quote from: ZebesianScientist on December 07, 2021, 04:57:13 PM
Where do I go from the room above Old Tourain's escape shaft?

Read all the previous posts you'll find your answer

ZebesianScientist

All of them?
ALL of them?
ALL OF THEM?
I'M STUCK, WITH A GREEN DOOR, FIVE MISSILES THAT MAKE THE ENEMIES BUG OUT, AND A WAY TO THE MAP ROOM.
WHERE ON PLANET ZEBES AM I SUPPOSED TO GO?

Noxus

I am now looking into Screwed and Chopped, also looking into Blockland. Will have to finish them (up to it's ability anyways) to get an understanding of what to fix etc.

Am also looking at SM Renewed - The Beginning of the End. I always thought it had potential, but falls apart later on in the game.

Sickwood you're saying that travelling around in loops is no fun? But.. it's FunFar!!  :heheh: :lol: ohh that was bad.

ZebesianScientist

Quote from: Noxus on December 07, 2021, 05:26:58 PM

I am now looking into Screwed and Chopped, also looking into Blockland. Will have to finish them (up to it's ability anyways) to get an understanding of what to fix etc.

Am also looking at SM Renewed - The Beginning of the End. I always thought it had potential, but falls apart later on in the game.

Sickwood you're saying that travelling around in loops is no fun? But.. it's FunFar!!  :heheh: :lol: ohh that was bad.
Oi, back me up here.
Where do I go from the room above the Old Tourian tunnel?

Noxus

Quote from: ZebesianScientist on December 07, 2021, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: Noxus on December 07, 2021, 05:26:58 PM

Oi, back me up here.
Where do I go from the room above the Old Tourian tunnel?
In Escape shaft,  kill all the enemies, then roll into the wall at the bottom (from blue platform). Don't forget to save first.

Sickwood

Quote from: ZebesianScientist on December 07, 2021, 05:14:41 PM
All of them?
ALL of them?
ALL OF THEM?
I'M STUCK, WITH A GREEN DOOR, FIVE MISSILES THAT MAKE THE ENEMIES BUG OUT, AND A WAY TO THE MAP ROOM.
WHERE ON PLANET ZEBES AM I SUPPOSED TO GO?

Your answer is not in parlor but the escape shaft itself as others mention at the beginning of the thread. Look for something that is spikey in the shaft

ZebesianScientist

Found it. Thanks.
But now where do I go from outside Wrecked Ship?

DonnyDonovan

Have you gone through wrecked ship and killed Phantoon already?  Are you on the east side of WS?  If so you need to now make your way through a good portion of [spoiler]Maridia[/spoiler]

ZebesianScientist

I'm outside of the primary enterance.
Where do I go from there?
And no, I haven't murdered Phantoon yet. I'd done that if not for the solid wall blocking the primary enterance.

Noxus

Quote from: ZebesianScientist on December 08, 2021, 11:01:35 PM
I'm outside of the primary enterance.
Where do I go from there?
And no, I haven't murdered Phantoon yet. I'd done that if not for the solid wall blocking the primary enterance.
The solution is the last post of the first page of this thread.  :oh:

ZebesianScientist

Got it, nailed it, I'm (not) the best.
Now I need directions for Maridia.

DonnyDonovan

Go where you can in Maridia from the entrance nearest east of the WS.  There's really only one path through there that's accessible to you right now.  It requires some suitless underwater, a few tricky jumps and quick midair morphs, IIRC maybe some crouch jumping.  You'll be going through there backwards compared to Vanilla and access a certain miniboss from the other side from how you're used to accessing him. 

ZebesianScientist

DonnyDonovan

It's the vanilla map.  Figure out a way to get to [spoiler]Botwoon[/spoiler] the back way.  I don't recall it being particularly difficult.  Explore a bit and stop asking everyone to spell everything out for you.  Maybe playing hacks isn't for you. 

Miranda Gemini

Hi all, just a friendly reminder that the "Report to Moderator" button exists for situations exactly like the one that this thread devolved into. I promise I do see, read, and deal with said reports!
(Also moving this to Completed stuff since it is, you know, a complete hack.)

DonnyDonovan

Roger that.  I did report but also replied and shouldn't have.  Apologies.  Haven't personally had anything like that occur here before.  I know it does on occasion.

Noxus

It was my reply he probably blew up over. Oh well. Hey, I'll tell u how to get thru maridia, and I'll even draw you a diagram.. for $5000  :lol: But seriously, do we look like the Nintendo hotline or something? Demanding to know what and where, and right NOW dammit!! will get you nowhere in this community. Proud to be a part of it also.  :^_^:

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on December 12, 2021, 06:06:51 PM
It was my reply he probably blew up over. Oh well. Hey, I'll tell u how to get thru maridia, and I'll even draw you a diagram.. for $5000  :lol: But seriously, do we look like the Nintendo hotline or something? Demanding to know what and where, and right NOW dammit!! will get you nowhere in this community. Proud to be a part of it also.  :^_^:
sorry i didn't want to cut your pay by doing the map lmao
hey what's new in 2.6? hotfixes?