News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Funfar 2 - Funfarrer

Started by Noxus, November 28, 2021, 06:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxus

Super Metroid Funfar 2 - Funfarrer

Twice the fun! Twice the far! Play if you are bored. And have a lot of time on your hands.  :yay:

updated v2.6

caauyjdp

[spoiler=posible softlock in 2.0?]If you go up the elevator after getting morph, seems like getting to escape shaft softlocks you? Door back to old mb room stayed gray after killing all pirates. Going up the shaft, you can only get to map room and save room, but unable to progress further in parlor. I gave up looking for a way out after a while and restarted, opting not to go up the elevator next time.[/spoiler]

Also, possible bug, firing regular missile at ground/wall/ceiling seems to trigger a hidden/invisible permenant screenshake like from supers. Geemers were really confused by it.

Noxus

Quote from: caauyjdp on November 29, 2021, 02:29:42 PM
[spoiler=posible softlock in 2.0?]If you go up the elevator after getting morph, seems like getting to escape shaft softlocks you? Door back to old mb room stayed gray after killing all pirates. Going up the shaft, you can only get to map room and save room, but unable to progress further in parlor. I gave up looking for a way out after a while and restarted, opting not to go up the elevator next time.[/spoiler]

Also, possible bug, firing regular missile at ground/wall/ceiling seems to trigger a hidden/invisible permenant screenshake like from supers. Geemers were really confused by it.

You were at the right place in escape shaft room. [spoiler]There is another door in that room that unlocks sfter killing pirates. Must think outside the box for it :cool:[/spoiler]

I swapped behaviors of supers and regulars with a hex tweak, so shooting a regular knocks down enemies from platforms sometimes. Scratched my head over that one too lol

DonnyDonovan

Just started.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you waste one of the first missiles you are given, you can't refill and can't shoot the door, and you're boned.

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on November 29, 2021, 10:01:56 PM
Just started.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you waste one of the first missiles you are given, you can't refill and can't shoot the door, and you're boned.

Guess I didn't think of that. Well, for now, don't waste your missiles. Too lazy to fix rn :) 

edit: yes now I can see where one might use up missiles out of frustration of being stuck in missile room 1. Upped on the priority list. Thx!

Noxus

updated to v2.2 just now, not much changed except for Donny's observation with the red door being an issue, and another room's scrolls was messed up. Caudy's find with the escape shaft led me to add another sealed door in morph ball room, thus making it impossible to grab morph and go back the way you came, and in effect making the game overall that much more difficult. Bwahahaha!!!  :twisted:

caauyjdp

soo.. still on 2.0, and door to bt is not solid and puts you oob after transition...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Noxus

Quote from: caauyjdp on November 30, 2021, 03:55:57 AM
soo.. still on 2.0, and door to bt is not solid and puts you oob after transition...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Sorry but I think you'd be better starting a new game with the latest version. That isn't the intended way. I would say more but then I'd be spoiling it. You were on the right track being in the escape shaft after obtaining morph ball.

caauyjdp

I'll stick to 2.0 unless i find something that breaks the game. If the bt door is already fixed in current version, it's fine.
I did check "intended path" from shaft. And i had pbs at the time, so I could have gone back through yellow door to do a thing if i had skills(tho i probably had low ammo at the time).
But kept going instead, kpd down, r to go. Kind of disappointed by lack of meaningful edits in upper norfair and maridia. Crateria and brinstar were most interesting so far. ws was annoying because of unintentional kagos i were doing tho i guess i can't fault you for that. Botwoon was annoyingly slow to die, and iirc lack of saves for a long period of time while there wasn't helping.
Sorry for rambling.

edit:
might want to fill this in, to prevent accidents(unless there was a way out and i just forgot to xray)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

So when you say to "think outside the box" in the escape shaft, I assume it has something to do with [spoiler]the second shaft room to the right that has a super missile in vanilla?[/spoiler]

I can't find any way to get over there though. 

Noxus

Quote from: caauyjdp on November 30, 2021, 06:38:34 AM
I'll stick to 2.0 unless i find something that breaks the game. If the bt door is already fixed in current version, it's fine.
I did check "intended path" from shaft. And i had pbs at the time, so I could have gone back through yellow door to do a thing if i had skills(tho i probably had low ammo at the time).
But kept going instead, kpd down, r to go. Kind of disappointed by lack of meaningful edits in upper norfair and maridia. Crateria and brinstar were most interesting so far. ws was annoying because of unintentional kagos i were doing tho i guess i can't fault you for that. Botwoon was annoyingly slow to die, and iirc lack of saves for a long period of time while there wasn't helping.
Sorry for rambling.

edit:
might want to fill this in, to prevent accidents(unless there was a way out and i just forgot to xray)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I agree abt maridia/norfair. Seems like by the time you get there you're already pretty well equipped and changing things around doesn't make things any more interesting than vanilla. Trying to come up w/ more ideas for those areas.

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on November 30, 2021, 02:13:12 PM
So when you say to "think outside the box" in the escape shaft, I assume it has something to do with [spoiler]the second shaft room to the right that has a super missile in vanilla?[/spoiler]

I can't find any way to get over there though.

If you are playing the latest version, there's a subtle hint added to help find it. :)
[spoiler]The doors you mentioned you can't get to yet.  are there any other doors in the room?[/spoiler]

LetsPlayNintendoITA

just tested. Getting up after grabbing missiles hardlocks you (if you save) by the door back being locked even after killing all the pirates in the shaft.
[spoiler]room to the right (vanilla) is ofcourse locked cause it requires Supers. [/spoiler]and there 's no indication to not go back up but to go [spoiler]left from morphball[/spoiler] to continue.
Also yeah the room to bt is a softlock too

did you change anything else in the last version? map wise? can you dm me on discord in that case so i can fix the map ? thanks

Noxus

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on December 02, 2021, 08:52:21 AM
just tested. Getting up after grabbing missiles hardlocks you (if you save) by the door back being locked even after killing all the pirates in the shaft.
[spoiler]room to the right (vanilla) is ofcourse locked cause it requires Supers. [/spoiler]and there 's no indication to not go back up but to go [spoiler]left from morphball[/spoiler] to continue.

did you change anything else in the last version? map wise? can you dm me on discord in that case so i can fix the map ? thanks
Read above post

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on December 02, 2021, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on December 02, 2021, 08:52:21 AM

Read above post
yes, i did there 's another door, which is up, and that leads to softlock

Noxus

How many doors are in the shaft room?  :?:

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on December 02, 2021, 04:44:22 PM
oh that... that is a passage.  I see
any other edits?

Noxus

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on December 02, 2021, 04:47:48 PM
any other edits?
Not except for fixing certain errors

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Noxus on December 02, 2021, 04:52:08 PM
any other edits?
OK so map is unchanged. perfect. i updated the map with the new info :)

Noxus

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on December 02, 2021, 05:34:35 PM
Quote from: Noxus on December 02, 2021, 04:52:08 PM
any other edits?
OK so map is unchanged. perfect. i updated the map with the new info :)
Awesome! Thx for the map Lpa! Let me know if u get hung up on anything else. Thinking about making that shaft with an extra hint.. seems like people are getting too stuck.

DonnyDonovan

Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm baffled.  There's the door at the top that's open, the door at the bottom back to the elevator that's closed, then in vanilla there are two doors on the right connecting a shaft where you use a spark to get a super missile, and a door on the left that connects the escape shaft with tourian.  But without bombs or equipment and seemingly solid walls on both sides of the escape shaft, I'm at a total loss here.  If this is what the rest of the hack is going to be like, I'm out.   

Noxus

updated to v2.4, just the added hint in this version.

Noxus

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on December 02, 2021, 08:18:13 PM
Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm baffled.  There's the door at the top that's open, the door at the bottom back to the elevator that's closed, then in vanilla there are two doors on the right connecting a shaft where you use a spark to get a super missile, and a door on the left that connects the escape shaft with tourian.  But without bombs or equipment and seemingly solid walls on both sides of the escape shaft, I'm at a total loss here.  If this is what the rest of the hack is going to be like, I'm out.
[spoiler]Oh I'll just say, seems everyone's getting stuck. so - kill all the enemies, then roll into the wall at the bottom (from blue platform). Don't forget to save first.  :wink:[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

I honestly don't know how I didn't stumble into that I was messing around with that wall but somehow never made it through.  That was actually really cool and something I'm not sure I've ever seen in a hack before.  Now I need to find a way into wrecked ship.  Not asking for help yet, although if you are just supposed to be able to enter through that main door it is not working for me on ZSNES. 

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on December 02, 2021, 10:29:13 PM
I honestly don't know how I didn't stumble into that I was messing around with that wall but somehow never made it through.  That was actually really cool and something I'm not sure I've ever seen in a hack before.  Now I need to find a way into wrecked ship.  Not asking for help yet, although if you are just supposed to be able to enter through that main door it is not working for me on ZSNES.
it's simplier than you think. "there's another"
if you want a hint, "think out of the box". again. lol
if you want it direct
[spoiler][/spoiler]