News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - November 2021

Started by Onnyks, November 21, 2021, 10:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the best room of november?

Autumn Mood
2 (14.3%)
Lucina von Nolaran
1 (7.1%)
Onnyks
7 (50%)
Shaktool7
1 (7.1%)
Tundain
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Digital_Mantra

AutumnMood

[spoiler][/spoiler]
made in Metroid Planets

Lucina von Nolaran

Made in Metroid Planets
Name: The Fork of Tienor
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tundain

There isn't mush-room in here...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

OneOf99

New month new rooms! Some good variety once again in games represented, so make sure to consider your vote carefully.

[spoiler=Autumn Mood][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lucina von Nolaran][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Onnyks][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Shaktool7]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370769416121614336/912567753154641990/ROTM_November.mp4
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tundain][/spoiler]

Miranda Gemini

Some great rooms this month. Nice to see some variety in the games as Oneof said.
[spoiler=Autumn Mood]Username checks out - I love the overgrown cavern vibes. I'm not super familiar with Planets' editor but I'd like to see the background a little less blocky in that middle section. I also feel some of the stony structures look a little unnatural, though I understand gameplay comes first![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lucina]Cave rave
Cave rave

it's a little plain structurally imo, but I think it would be difficult to do much more with this tileset without risking making navigation near-impossible. Heck even looking at this I can't 100% tell what's a tunnel and what's just decoration.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Onnyks]Wow! I love this! The obvious comparison is Eris but I think it's unique in its own right. The shading effect on the blocky parts is awesome, and I love the elevator shaft in the background that suggests some depth to the map. Great stuff, I'd be interested in seeing more of this![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Shaktool7]I'd suggest cropping the screenshot for future submissions like this, because without the video I would've wondered what the deal was with the random blue blocks at the edge.
With that aside this is a pretty nicely done room, even if it's nothing spectacular.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tundain]This is a great room structurally, but I do think it could use a few tweaks. I like the colour scheme but I feel it's a little washed out, particularly the background. On the note of the background, it could use a little more variety. Also not a huge fan of the door tunnels and caps, they look really flat? Honestly, I feel this is the sort of room that could do with not having "doors" at all, to help add to the overgrown cave-y vibes of the whole thing. Still, I think you've got a really good sense of how to construct a room, and with a couple of changes this would be awesome.[/spoiler]
In the end I voted Onnyks. It's an awesome room that makes me want to see the whole area, looks like it would be fun to explore. Great stuff everyone.

AutumnMood

Quote from: Miranda Gemini on December 01, 2021, 04:44:27 PM
Some great rooms this month. Nice to see some variety in the games as Oneof said.
[spoiler=Autumn Mood]Username checks out - I love the overgrown cavern vibes. I'm not super familiar with Planets' editor but I'd like to see the background a little less blocky in that middle section. I also feel some of the stony structures look a little unnatural, though I understand gameplay comes first![/spoiler]

planets editor has three layers: front/main/back; for solid tiles, it's reasonable to use all three layers to combine tiles to make fancy ones, but for backgrounds you only get one layer, and making do with it is something i struggle with personally