News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Eris and Super Zeromission Suitless Samus (Justin Bailey) Editions

Started by Noxus, January 18, 2012, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxus

Hello! Thank you for being a great forum that lets people enjoy unique and fun versions of a great game!

When Nintendo put the suitless Samus in the original Metroid, I remember it being sort of magical. Finding out that this armored character was actually a girl (an almost first in video games), playing as Samus almost made it an entirely new game! I am thankful to Auximines for putting his time, talent, and effort into recreating the same for Super Metroid.

I have imported graphics over from Justin Bailey to other hacks. The 2 I have made so far are Eris and Super Zeromission. These are not made by patching the JB over a patched rom, they are made by bringing the JB samus graphics over to the other rom manually via tile layer pro.

Since my hacking abilities are very limited, almost all credit go to the creators of the original hacks, and to Auximines for creating the Samus graphics.

The only contribution I will take credit for, besides the transferring, is making Samus' hair blonde. I understand Auximines' angle for making her hair light brown (that would stay true to the original metroid samus).. I updated the color to the bleach blond we are accustomed to now. I have also changed the suit colors slightly, and added a surprise character in the game.

*apply these patches to an un-headered rom

Credits:

Auximines - Justin Bailey graphics
Eris - Dmantra, the god of hacks

If you like these, feel free to make a request

Thanks and enjoy!  :yay:

begrimed

I'm okay with this, provided the hack authors don't care. I say go for it.

Quietus

If anything, I'd say it's more Auximines you should be seeking permission from, as it's the Justin Bailey patch's work that you're using.  The hacks are just a base that you're applying them to.

You might just be better to make sure you provide any / all acknowledgements, and include valid links to the original work where you can.

Noxus

Here is Super Zeromission

Credits:

Auximines - Justin Bailey graphics
Super Zeromission - SBniconico

advancedpillow

Hah! These are kind of silly, but in a fun way. Something worth noting, the Eris IPS only works on an unheadered rom. The original Eris worked only with headered.

Noxus

I know.. I obtained a copy of Eris that was unheadered, probably before he updated it. The patch works just fine on an unheadered rom. I was having problems patching the latest version from his site onto a headered rom, for some reason the game just wouldn't work. The only thing that might happen is the end sequence after the countdown might freeze (I know, that sucks!), but the game is I would say 99% playable, only up to that point.  :^_^:

begrimed

From Auximines' description of the Justin Bailey patch: "And I now give permission for anyone to use this patch for their own Super Metroid ROMhacks."

So yeah, I'd say you're a go. Copying the tiles over is a good idea; glad you're doing it that way. Adjusting palettes is fine too in my opinion, and might be required for some hacks that alter Samus' colors.

Noxus

Thanks Grime, yes I noticed that in taiga forum.. I figure, a hack is a hack, even pseudo-hacks like me! I actually had to edit the pallettes in smile, as without doing so, samus was sort of orange, red, green, etc.. like the suit.. btw has anybody actually opened it in tlp? It's insanity! Each tile had to have been done one by one, and theres no rhyme or reason to the order.. I cant imagine!

Anyways, I just hope some people will enjoy them :razz:

Quietus

Yes, it has been discussed before.  Auximines went through the ROM, using different coloured squares and numbers to log which tiles were used for each of Samus's positions.  I posted a picture somewhere else, but I'll post it again here:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Still must have taken ages. :^_^:

Qactis

hopefully Nu_Zalem/Antares is still planning on making SMUSE

Noxus

Just thought I'd chime in and see if anybody found my special surprise character?  :yay:

DonnyDonovan

Does the SMZM version use the most recent one (2.2 I think)?  I've been considering giving this game another playthrough on the newest version anyway and this might make the experience even fresher.

Noxus

Yes, it is 2.2, and it is made on the regular (not hard) version.

I attached the patch again incase anyone missed it in the middle of the thread  :oh:

Noxus

Hello, here is Pantheon:

Creds:
Auximines - Samus graphics
Squishy Ichigo - Pantheon

Enjoy!  :lol:

KumaTenshi

I don't know if anyone is still interested in things like this, given it's been like four years since the last post!

I just recently started playing Escape II and was thinking I'd love to be able to play through it with the Justin Bailey graphics for Samus.

I have like, ZERO hacking abilities, I could probably figure out how to transfer it over with tile layer pro if my brain didn't explode first.

If possible, is there anyone who could either transfer it or explain how to do it as simplistically as possible, perhaps?  :grin:

K4yr4h

is it possible to remove zero suit death sequence from the zeromission baily edition? its silly

Noxus

Hello fellow Metroidians! Just getting into transferring suitless Samus into other hacks, hope to breath new life into some older games. Does anybody have requests of games they'd like to see Samus in?  :^_^:

ocesse

It will be great if you can make suitless Samus into V I T A L I T Y !

K4yr4h

Quote from: ocesse on April 30, 2021, 10:31:50 PM

yeah i want her in vitality as well. with nude death animation tho

alexman25

Quote from: K4yr4h on September 30, 2021, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: ocesse on April 30, 2021, 10:31:50 PM

yeah i want her in vitality as well. with nude death animation tho
:neutral:

Noxus

I hesitated uploading this because of how new VITALITY is, and maybe this isn't the experience D'man wanted us to have. But now that it's been out awhile, and by popular demand, here ya' go! (sorry though, no nudie Sammy) :lol:

btw, since I've began doing these there has been a tool written that can do this to any rom yourself:
https://randommetroidsolver.pythonanywhere.com/customizer

And also attached are Eris and SuperZero, icymi before. Have fun!