News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Blockland

Started by LetsPlayNintendoITA, September 02, 2021, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetsPlayNintendoITA

This hack was made by snipereighteen, now active as Sludkip.
It was found by Aran;Jaeger around the forum in a zip file containing multiple incomplete hacks.
The hack is, as said, incomplete, however it's playable till the final area.
The author noted in the original thread: "draygon's room freezes when he splodge attacks from the left" [sic]. So watch out for that.

Screenshots of the game (made in Smile RF's Test Room) - click to enlarge to full

Spoilers on the final area:
[spoiler]The final area is a maze, where you can go through doors back and forth, and you can access the rooms by entering the door backwards too.
In the map of the game, you can find indications of what door in the rooms lead to what in the table. However, on the right of the map is where the game ends as the final door leads to a vanilla room that crashes the game.[/spoiler]

The complete map of the game can be found here. The final area is at the bottom, where the rooms are numbered instead of linked. Read the above spoiler for informations.

Download is attached and in the hack page.

Miranda Gemini

I'm gonna keep this thread, if only because despite there being another thread, made by the author of this hack, that could have been found with a cursory search of the forum, that includes this hack, from memory this was the only one interesting/complete enough to warrant any attention from the community. Plus like the thread is 10 years old, so I'm willing to give it a pass.

Anyway yeah this was an old abandoned hack made by sniper18. I remember playing it some 6 or 7 years ago. It has some interesting stuff, but be warned, from memory there's a lot of stucks, and a general lack of polish that you'd expect from a 10 year old abandoned hack.

Also, patch is for a headered ROM. I've fixed up the previous attachment, which was taken from an unheadered ROM and was probably going to cause some issues.