News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid CRE

Started by Tundain, February 18, 2022, 02:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tundain

This is my first hack ever!
This is a very short, spoof hack.
I noticed in many playtroughs of bad halfhacks that they tend to overuse CRE tiles (if you don't know, CRE graphics are the graphics used in every area, like doors, save stations, spikes, shot blocks, crumble blocks... etc).
Now I decided to take that to the extreme.
I present to  you: Super Metroid CRE.
Every tile and every enemy uses CRE graphics.This guarantees an interesting experience.
Enjoy!

PS: there are probably lots of issues, so please tell me what they are so I can fix them
screenshots:

Tomtroid

No pics, no clicks. You gotta show us pictures.

Tundain

First major update!
Super Metroid CRE 1.2

Fixes a few major issues (draygon not appearing and a door cap connection)
Balances some gameplay aspects (rinkas deal less damage and actually drop stuff)
Fixed a strange scroll in a room.

If there are any more issues please let me know!

Ps: here are your screenshots, Tomtroid.

EDit: guess what, here comes version 1.3, with more fixes

DonnyDonovan

Are you supposed to be able to win without beating Draygon?  Because you can.

Tundain

Yes it's possible, it's a sequence break. Because beginning players would be scared of by the [spoiler]heated room, so the sequence break is the heat run[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

That's what I figured.  It's not an easy heat run, but it's far from impossible.  95% of the hack players around here would not be dissuaded.  If you want to make Draygon required you could just make that door grey until he's dead. 

Tundain

Yeah but it's intended you know, from my experience with all the reviews I've read, people tend not to like linear hacks. That's why I made this hack purposely so you could sequence break.
So don't worry, it was all part of the plan
The only disadvantage is ppl wouldn't see the reskinned draygon
Also I don't like linear hacks myself,so... there's that

DonnyDonovan

Totally makes sense.  Non-linear is good!   Although most players do not mind if bosses are required to achieve certain objectives, and beating the game is a pretty significant objective.