News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MFOR - Metroid Fusion Open Randomizer

Started by Kazuto, June 20, 2021, 06:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caauyjdp

Bombs are not strictly required, and from what i glanced from spoiler log, everything that is required is accessible without bombs.
You'll need to get to s5 from s3 and skip unlocking l3, which you might not have known was possible?

StoutOfHeart

Might have a busted seed here unless I just don't understand how certain environment mechanics work. Have all major upgrades except charge, space jump, and main PBs, and I'm supposed to get charge from s2-05-08, but there's a brown zoro in my way that I can't get rid of. I've heard Space Jump/Plasma is supposed to change the state of the room to turn zoros into the flying bugs, but Space Jump is at s2-05-01 (which I'm not good enough without space jump to get. :P) Either way, the guide lists charge beam before space jump, but I'm helpless as to how to get through.

Thanks!

Kazuto

Update released!

FYI StoutOfHeart, it looks like you got bugged with progression in that seed. Ripper Tower, as that room is lovingly known, was possible to get locked behind the crystalized Zoros by mistake. That issue SHOULD be fixed in the current release, 0.10.10

sheck

A question and maybe a bugged item placement.

First - what are the damage values for the different beam types? Normal=2, but then if I have Normal+Ice or Normal+Wave, does that increase the damage at all?

And second - On a Difficulty 3 seed (5599049657607035172; Silo Dessgeega Skultera PYR), main power bombs were on Main deck at S0-0E-0B, which in my experience is power bomb locked. Is that accessible with a low-height shinespark?
Power bombs weren't needed to finish, so I didn't know where they were until I checked the spoiler log and it was odd to see them there.

Kazuto

sheck, the damage values for the beams are currently bugged. So at present, your beam will do as much damage as the highest vanilla beam you've got. So in that example, getting Wave will max out your beam damage, so like, getting Wide for example after that won't raise the damage of the beams themselves, although Wide does triple your damage if all of the beams hit.

Regarding the item placement, that's not a bug. Once the seed can be completed, any remaining items are placed without logic, because it's a quick way to finish seed generation. On the other hand, this means that if you see something like that, you know the item isn't needed to beat the seed. This is a factor that'll come into play more once actual item graphics are in the randomizer.

sheck

Ah, yes. So that's what it means when it says "no logic" after determining that the seed is beatable.
Thanks so much for making the randomizer - It's been a great way to revisit MF

Kazuto

Fusion is actually a really fun Metroid game when Adam isn't stopping you every 5 minutes :P I appreciate the appreciation!

Scherezad

Greatly enjoying this randomizer. Haven't encountered any big issues since the update.

Are there any plans to make the rando compatible with one of the multiworld programs out there?

Kazuto

Quote from: Scherezad on March 23, 2022, 09:16:54 PM
Greatly enjoying this randomizer. Haven't encountered any big issues since the update.

Are there any plans to make the rando compatible with one of the multiworld programs out there?
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

No plans for multiworld at present, because there's just a bunch of other things that need to get added in before I even think about that.

Arachsus

Can someone tell me what to do
Morph ball is locked behind missiles at S0-14-07
super missiles is at S1-09-04
Diffusion missiles is at the charge core X
Normal missiles at Data room Sector 4
and Ice missiles are at S1-07-00

Items currently obtained: gravity suit , wave Charge and wide beam , Screw attack High jump and speed boost

I have been trying to Find another way to Get the super missiles but i fear this may be an impossible Seed

Kazuto

Quote from: Arachsus on April 04, 2022, 01:37:35 PM
Can someone tell me what to do
Morph ball is locked behind missiles at S0-14-07
super missiles is at S1-09-04
Diffusion missiles is at the charge core X
Normal missiles at Data room Sector 4
and Ice missiles are at S1-07-00

Items currently obtained: gravity suit , wave Charge and wide beam , Screw attack High jump and speed boost

I have been trying to Find another way to Get the super missiles but i fear this may be an impossible Seed

What version did you generate this on? Can you post the spoiler log?

Arachsus

10.10 if im right

Ridley89

I actually tried it and it doesn't seem possible at all. Even going to sector to sector by secret pass way, doesn't seem possible. :nowai:

SamoaWrithe

Any chance to grab the previous MFOR build again? Had no troubles generating with the MFOR previous build but with this one I am unable to finish generation as it endlessly scrolls the "Couldn't find a path forward", "item was placed, continuing", and "stepping back" forever. I tried different settings and left generation running for at most an hour. I only ever successfully generated a difficulty 0 and difficulty 1 seed. Those two successful seeds generated in under five minutes, as did any configuration of difficulty on the previous build. If I can provide anything useful let me know and I'll try! Thanks for putting together this cool randomizer.

Kazuto

Arachsus, I didn't see the spoiler log get posted, but I'll check that out later to see what's up.

SamoaWrithe, hang tight: I'm actually going to be releasing an update in a few days and that will likely solve that issue. Just to check, you're trying to generate a Major/minor seed, right?

SamoaWrithe

I think so? I am unfamiliar as what minor/major seed is exactly here. I double checked today just to be sure and it seems I can generate seeds of any difficulty, with some small time added per extra modifier. However ticking "Limited major items" creates generation which will never finish in any config, or would but not in any reasonable time.

Must have been user error on my end with the other troubles I had generating seeds. My bad. Though it appears that Limited major item pool is having a lot more of "Couldn't find a path forward, re initializing" in the generation log compared to successful seed generations.

Kazuto

Arachsus, nice find: the logic wanted you to go from the upper door in Charge Core into the ceiling above to get Super Missiles. The logic mistakenly expected this to be possible with Wave + Charge Beam instead of Wave + Missiles. It's fixed for the next update.

SamoaWrithe, my bad, it's been renamed in this version, but that's what I meant. There are some seed generation issues with that mode in this release, but they're fixed in the forthcoming update.

Kazuto

New version release! Major new features are All Hidden Items, which makes all items look like ? tanks, and Sector Shuffle, which mixes up the order of the sectors! In addition to that, seed generation should be massively faster than it was before!

As always, please post if you encounter any bugs. Otherwise, have fun!

elebits360

This seed has a trick that should be difficulty 3 set for difficulty 1
It wants me to escape from the room before the Powerbomb SA-X room with a shine spark and no Varia suit to make it easier
"MFOR Version": "0.11.6",
    "Seed": "4417599933815838875"
"Item S0-14-07": "Speed Booster"
"Item S6-06-08": "Bombs"

Somewhat unrelated question is why the maps that are with the rando program have some spots that are different colors. They didn't used to have the color difference in the previous version.

Kazuto

I can bump up the difficulty on that trick, sure. I didn't think it was too difficult, but I'm not against it.

As for the maps, please read the changelog.

jughead88

I think I found a bug.

I am curently in Sector 5, froze the 2 ennemies to go up in room 05-01 and got the speed booster in there.
Now I need to get the Bombs inb the room to the left (04-01) but I can't run because the wall is not yet destroyed outside the room.

Here is the spoiler :
"MFOR Version": "0.11.6",
    "Seed": "1931821190038961105",
    "Settings": {
        "Difficulty": 5,
        "Item pool": "Major items anywhere",
        "Missile upgrades enable Missiles": false,
        "Power Bombs without normal Bombs": false,
        "Allow logical damage runs": false,
        "Separated security levels": true,
        "Sector shuffle": true,
        "Sector layout:": "1 4 2 3 5 6",
        "Hide item graphics": false,
        "E-Tanks": 20,
        "Missile Tanks": 46,
        "Power Bomb Tanks": 32
    },
    "Item order": {
        "Data S0": "Morph Ball",
        "Data S2": "Missile Data",
        "Item S0-0C-09": "Gravity Suit",
        "Item S0-19-06": "Charge Beam",
        "Item S0-14-07": "Hi-Jump Boots",
        "Item S2-04-03": "Ice Missile Data",
        "Item S5-05-01": "Speed Booster",
        "Item S5-04-01": "Bombs",

Thank you!

Kazuto

jughead88

Arachsus

I quickly went and tried it myself and ye seems like its not possible
it probably assumes that sector 5 was destroyed but didnt check if it actually was
or it wants you to use glitches to get into the green Security Room

jughead88

Quote from: Arachsus on April 23, 2022, 03:34:46 AM
I quickly went and tried it myself and ye seems like its not possible
it probably assumes that sector 5 was destroyed but didnt check if it actually was
or it wants you to use glitches to get into the green Security Room

Thank you for your feedback!