News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid 360

Started by BuggMann, April 01, 2021, 12:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuggMann

After playing through Super Metroid Rotation, and having made Mirrortroid, I thought I might put my skills to use by combining the two ideas.

This hack manages to not only create a mirror image of Mirrortroid, but extend the rotation idea another 270 degrees!

This took a lot longer to make than I would like to admit.. I put a lot of effort into recapturing the feel of the original game despite having this new perspective.
And I think I managed to be pretty exact with that goal in mind!

I hope you all enjoy it!

Quietus

Just so you're aware, there's a massive bug in this. If you're quick enough, and you manage to escape Ceres in under a minute, you can begin exploring Crateria straight away.

MetroidNerd#9001

I will say, I think you've pretty successfully captured the feel of the original game with this hack.

Munchy

That reverse reverse 360 (no scope) Kraid must have taken you a long time to tweak huh.

DonnyDonovan

This is the hack we didn't know we needed.  Well done.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Quietus on April 01, 2021, 12:57:09 PM
Just so you're aware, there's a massive bug in this. If you're quick enough, and you manage to escape Ceres in under a minute, you can begin exploring Crateria straight away.
I also found 3 massive bugs:
Upon getting Speed Booster, lava rises straight up for 2 rooms!
Ridley's tail HURTS!
The Metroid larva can't kill you!