News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Editroid Thread

Started by snarfblam, July 27, 2009, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

Update: There is at least one show-stopping bug that needs to be fixed. I'd recommend against doing any serious hack work until I get it sorted out.

Flower

Quote from: snarfblam on August 20, 2017, 01:49:17 PM
Update: There is at least one show-stopping bug that needs to be fixed. I'd recommend against doing any serious hack work until I get it sorted out.
Thanks for the kind warning. I'll stop using it until things get clean and working.

I have an issue to inform you of: if you use 4.0's test room feature in another area than Brinstar, things get buggy: samus' standing sprite gets horizontally warped and she can only be in missile mode (pressing select doesn't shift to normal beam as well).

Flower

Quote from: snarfblam on August 20, 2017, 01:49:17 PM
How is that working out snarfblam? Is it worth the wait? I am at a serious halt and stuck with my hack. I need the expansion so much.
My impression is that you kind of stopped working on Editroid and being a help for Metroid 1 Hackers after RD was released.
Regarding my hack i plan to do a "mini version" with just MMC1 as is in Editroid 3.7.1. I guess that's the most promising! That's not nearly what i wanted to do in the first place, but i am kinda frustrated waiting.
I wished to have

• More Space for Levels, Graphics and Music.
  • Slope Detection
  • Being able to spin jump / screw attack after falling
  • Further upgrades like walljump, space jump or spring ball
  • save feature
  • mini / corner map
  • Missile Refill with those HealyTiles
  • and more tidbits...
All of those wouldn't be included in a tear down version what is a heavy pity!

(Metroid 1 Hacking) Life is but a dream!

Happy Winter Holidays everyone!

doc_remedy

Quote from: snarfblam on February 25, 2013, 06:40:02 PM
If you want to attach a hack to a forum post, make sure to do it in the form of an IPS patch. You know, copyrights and whatnot.

As for the whole wrong room loading issue, this might shed some light:

Quote from: passarbye on May 10, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
so is there any limit to how many rooms we can make?

Quote from: snarfblam on May 11, 2012, 07:21:14 PM
128 per level, or until you run out of free space. Whichever comes first.

Editroid will allow you to add as many rooms as you like, but if you go over 128 you'll start running into these problems, and if you go over 256 things will go terribly, horribly, tragically wrong.

This was exactly what I spent countless hours trying to trouble shoot. I had 130 rooms and one in particular kept loading as an elevator instead when access from left or right doorways.  thank you!