News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid GBA Edition

Started by The Brothers Crafters, December 15, 2020, 04:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: Pethronos on January 07, 2021, 03:08:16 AM
Just finished my 2nd run. 2h46'  92% (2.0)

Really fun and enjoyable. Ready to give feedback. Wanna I pm you? English, Portuguese, Spanish?
U can on discord

Unseen Brain

I noticed power bomb refills never seem to drop from enemies, or extremely rarely... Is this on purpose?

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: Unseen Brain on January 19, 2021, 01:41:53 PM
I noticed power bomb refills never seem to drop from enemies, or extremely rarely... Is this on purpose?
I will icrease the pb drop in the next version
V. 3.0

FV2112

After lurking for years, I finally made an account here to express my thoughts on this hack....

I recently completed v3.0, and let me tell you, playing this hack gave me almost the same feeling I had when I played AM2R for the first time, just being blown away at how faithful this was to the original but also being in awe of how fresh and upscaled everything was. Even with the limitations of MZM romhacking, it was still incredible.

I hope that one day, there could be somebody who could record the SM soundtrack in a GBA style or import a slightly lower quality version of the original soundtrack for this hack.

nulldriver

Is it a feature that you can escape Tourian the way you came in?

Also I'm at 97% and stumped

Amanankaa

YeOldFartGamer

Can you use Super Metroid speedrunning tricks like mockball to early Supers in Brinstar, etc?

Ridley12

"Can you use Super Metroid speedrunning tricks like mockball to early Supers in Brinstar, etc?"

I wouldn't think so, being a ZM hack, but I could be wrong.

alexman25

Quote from: YeOldFartGamer on February 12, 2021, 12:19:34 AM
Can you use Super Metroid speedrunning tricks like mockball to early Supers in Brinstar, etc?

You can do any of the typical stuff with wall-jumping, bomb-jumping, shine-sparking etc. Though, some tricks such as the mach-ball are exclusive to Super Metroid.

There's a physics+ patch in existence that allows mach-balling, though it's incomplete last time I checked and I'm not sure if the author will add it to their hack.

The Brothers Crafters

I dont think i will put the mockball patch because it will add also a new speed booster physic

LionelBuffman

Hey The Brothers Crafters,
Had a good playthrough of version 3.0, this hack is fantastic!! You've really done well "converting" all of SM's level and enemy elements over to ZM's engine, some good creativity with elements that were missing such as your DIY green-gates and wave-gates  :lol: Are you planning any additional updates/new versions at all?

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: LionelBuffman on February 13, 2021, 07:35:02 PM
Hey The Brothers Crafters,
Had a good playthrough of version 3.0, this hack is fantastic!! You've really done well "converting" all of SM's level and enemy elements over to ZM's engine, some good creativity with elements that were missing such as your DIY green-gates and wave-gates  :lol: Are you planning any additional updates/new versions at all?
Yes, I m doing the 3.1

LionelBuffman

Oh, very cool! What are you thinking of adding in new updates?
I'd like to offer you some constructive criticisms and perhaps suggest some new features!

-"Botwoon" is a little easy by the time you're decked out with Supers in Maridia, might be worth giving this boss more HP (only takes 1 Super to kill at the moment)
-Might you perhaps consider removing the Plasma requirements for Lower Norfair and the Screw Attack requirement for Gauntlet? This is probably only a minor complaint but I know exotic things like Reverse Boss Order would be (?) impossible otherwise
-Is it possible to import enemies over from Fusion's engine...? Not sure how "cross compatible" Fusion's and ZM's engines are...but I think Fusion has some SM enemies that ZM doesn't (such as Ki Hunters and mini-Draygons) that might be worth investigating if these could be implemented without too many headaches
-Would love to see some custom music tracks!

Ridley12

Quote from: LionelBuffman on February 13, 2021, 08:39:08 PM
Oh, very cool! What are you thinking of adding in new updates?
I'd like to offer you some constructive criticisms and perhaps suggest some new features!

-"Botwoon" is a little easy by the time you're decked out with Supers in Maridia, might be worth giving this boss more HP (only takes 1 Super to kill at the moment)
-Might you perhaps consider removing the Plasma requirements for Lower Norfair and the Screw Attack requirement for Gauntlet? This is probably only a minor complaint but I know exotic things like Reverse Boss Order would be (?) impossible otherwise
-Is it possible to import enemies over from Fusion's engine...? Not sure how "cross compatible" Fusion's and ZM's engines are...but I think Fusion has some SM enemies that ZM doesn't (such as Ki Hunters and mini-Draygons) that might be worth investigating if these could be implemented without too many headaches
-Would love to see some custom music tracks!
It would be kinda cool to see enemies from Fusion.

Pethronos

The problem with Fusion enemies is that they are X parasites. But yes, It'd add the variety needed. Pity that it's not so easy. Same for a couple of music tracks that fits Maridia quite well.

Anyway I'm sure 3.1 gonna be a worthy improvement.

FV2112

Return To Zebes has some of the SM tracks done in a ZM/MF soundfont, so perhaps we could see some of these tracks or something of that nature appear in SM:GBA

I wonder, how hard would it be to do custom bosses in MAGE, if it's even possible.

Kuae

Amazing hack The Brothers Crafters,

I guess my only thing i would nitpick is make the old MB room door when first heading down to get missiles and morphball red so the player cant get soft locked down when trying to get bombs. Found that out by skipping missiles like a dummy exploring and the bomb door wouldnt open and you cant really get back up like in SM.
All in all i had a blast reliving this game in this style. Thank you so much!

Pethronos

Hey TheBrothersCrafters!! What about that 3.1 version in which you were working? XD

Just kidding, really interested in seeing the evolution and refinement of your GBA Edition. I really enjoyed all the playthroughs I did.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a happy summer!!

The Brothers Crafters

V. 4.0 : it adds a 101% secret room in maridia. Good luck.

Pethronos

Mmmm, I see many changes besides the new room... Certainly you got your hack better. Thanks for your hard work!!

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: Pethronos on June 22, 2021, 11:46:08 AM
Mmmm, I see many changes besides the new room... Certainly you got your hack better. Thanks for your hard work!!
changelist? :p

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on June 22, 2021, 11:56:04 AM
Quote from: Pethronos on June 22, 2021, 11:46:08 AM
changelist? :p
Some tiles and the secret room. Will u post it for the 35th anniversary of metroid?

LetsPlayNintendoITA

i kinda wanna wait till its complete XD

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on June 22, 2021, 12:56:34 PM
i kinda wanna wait till its complete XD
I think it is, just wait it to be approved

LetsPlayNintendoITA

i mean when all updates are done XD
unless 4.0 is complete :p