News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid GBA Edition

Started by The Brothers Crafters, December 15, 2020, 04:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FV2112

Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on June 26, 2021, 05:00:37 PM
i mean when all updates are done XD
unless 4.0 is complete :p

The only things Id love to see come to this hack is maybe some enemies ripped from Fusion and the SM soundtrack in GBA style

Nikoshiba

Quote from: FV2112 on July 04, 2021, 09:30:09 AM
Quote from: LetsPlayNintendoITA on June 26, 2021, 05:00:37 PM
i mean when all updates are done XD
unless 4.0 is complete :p

The only things Id love to see come to this hack is maybe some enemies ripped from Fusion and the SM soundtrack in GBA style

I'm playing to this GBA Edition at the moment and SM Music is really the only little thing that would make the whole hack perfect. Real cool job by the way !

LetsPlayNintendoITA

map by ambureuon
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jordo24

how do I use this hack, all i have is Lunar ips and this hack is a .BPS file format?

MetroidMst

Quote from: Jordo24 on September 01, 2021, 06:10:55 PM
how do I use this hack, all i have is Lunar ips and this hack is a .BPS file format?
You can use FLIPS to patch it.

Jordo24

EDIT NEVERMIND (i still needed to be in norfair)
The room that should have the grapple beam from SM doesnt allow me to pass this hacks equivalent
I think the hack uses the grapple rail thing found in Kraid from the MZM game.
I dont know how to progress to the wrecked ship, and ive gotten these items already

BEAM:
SPAZER
CHARGE
ICE

MISSILE:
NORMAL 80
SUPER 16

BOMB:
NORMAL
POWER 20

SUIT:
VARIA

MISC:
MORPH BALL
SPEED BOOSTER
HI - JUMP

Please let me know how i can progress from here, thanks!

LetsPlayNintendoITA

go and do the same way you do in the normal game and you can then
[spoiler]go get the "grapple beam" in its location[/spoiler]

Strokend

The green space pirates you encounter on the way to New Tourian deal a whopping 50 points of damage, which is a lot of damage for the start of the game.

The horizontal pipes don't work right here--I'd prefer that you redesign the room to function with what you can use rather than make it looks like room from Super Metroid with non-functional spawners.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
And the entrance to Kraid isn't obvious enough, if I didn't eventually remember there was supposed to be a path in one of these rooms I never would have found that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Brothers Crafters

i just updated the 4.0, now you can play hard mode whenever you want, and it gives color to the unknow items

scm440

Thank you for updating this hack

scm440

My brother,Consider the Metroid Super Zero Mission。
haha!

FelixWright

surprised this hack has been getting updated, the author's gone dark.

[spoiler]
Quote from: scm440 on September 30, 2021, 11:21:31 PM
My brother,Consider the Metroid Super Zero Mission。
haha,It's a joke!
[/spoiler]

what is this joke post?

scm440

There is a bug in 4.0, I went to the newly added room in the early stage, but couldn't get out after entering

scm440

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: scm440 on October 01, 2021, 02:10:47 AM
There is a bug in 4.0, I went to the newly added room in the early stage, but couldn't get out after entering
What room?

scm440

It's a room that requires 48 super missiles to get props, and I tried to go in early, but I couldn't get out。I don't know if it was an accident

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: scm440 on October 02, 2021, 12:54:10 AM
It's a room that requires 48 super missiles to get props, and I tried to go in early, but I couldn't get out。I don't know if it was an accident
I found the problem: in hard you could not get out; now it's solved

Chemical-X

Quote from: The Brothers Crafters on December 15, 2020, 04:10:54 AM
Hello. I am doing this post because the previous one was blocked. I finally have the first version of this hack where you can complete the game. Here are some screenshots
[spoiler=Screenshots]

[/spoiler]

I played this game earlier this summer, everything is almost like the snes super metroid.
Also it felt much better than AM2R'rd, nice job man.

Jaz

ZebesianScientist

Can someone help me with something? I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue but it's really just maddening for me.

The Brothers Crafters

Quote from: ZebesianScientist on November 16, 2021, 10:38:24 PM
Can someone help me with something? I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue but it's really just maddening for me.
What is this issue?

ZebesianScientist

I keep trying to apply the Floating IPS patch, but it keeps saying the patch isn't intended for the rom, even though the patch is for Zero Mission, and Zero Mission runs on GBA.
I'm using RetroArch, which basically has every emulator in the book. SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, GEN, NES, you name it.
But seriously, can you just indulge me on this? It's really just driving me nuts trying.

Right as I tried again just now it worked. My bad, silly me. I hope your project improves significantly.  :grin:

ZebesianScientist

There's another problem.
At one point in Maridia, the quicksand physics made it hard for me to use Power Grip on nearby edges, and no matter how much I tried to rewind, RetroArch wouldn't let me go back any further, forcing me to restart and therefore, nuke all my unsaved progress. I need this fixed asap.