News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Yu-Gi-Oh! (who plays?)

Started by Malpercio, March 31, 2010, 07:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

have you heard of/play/like/collect/obsess on/hate Yu-Gi-Oh?

Heard of it.
Play it.
Like it.
Collect it.
Obsess on it.
Hate it

Sepharos

Quote from: interdpth on March 21, 2011, 12:36:16 AM
Currently running a macros deck.

It's such a good troll deck.

Son of a-
That's like a Gravekeeper's worst nightmare!

interdpth

I was running a GK a few months ago. But Macro is my calling.

Got regionals this Saturday :)

squishy_ichigo

Inter: I'd replace those Caius with two Gren Maju Da Eiza's if you got 'em.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

:D?

interdpth

Eh, he's cool, but I won't always have macro/dfissure on the field, for one card I can remove a card from game, and get a good attacker.

Caius <3

tn44

Bump-a-thread!

Sooo...I am actually on the forums. Posting. WTF! Well, my computer completely had a meltdown, and I don't have Xchat anymore, and I'm too lazy to hunt down the mibbit link since the main site is down.

I must say, I'm thoroughly amazed that people still play this game. I remember being pretty good at it once upon a time, and if you guys are up for it, I think I'd like to try my hand at a game sometime. I have stacks and stacks of the pre-gx cards sitting around, and I used to have some killer combo's. -goes to make a deck-

personitis

KCVDS
Great program to play others if you don't already know about it. To download you need to make and account at the site, then go to downloads. To make usre you have all the latest cards, you need to make another download. Once all that's out of the way, it's a great program. You also need Hamachi to play others (or at least I recommend it). Sounds like a lot to do, but it's really not.

Also, I attended my first regionals about two weeks ago. Went 4-4. Obviously didn't make it to top 16 (or 8, I forget).

tn44

Hamachi is easy enough to understand. I get all that. I'll have to look into it sometime or another. Then actually make a deck.

personitis

Well, the cards we were suppose to get from regionals finally came in (as they didn't have the packs when we went). Important and shiney stuff we pulled:

The Golden Apples (now I have 2)
Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
Symphonic Warrior Drumss
x2 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki

interdpth

I srsly hate kageki. That sneaky mofo.

personitis

Kageki, special Kagemusha, synch for Shi-En. Double-edge sword technique, bring Kageki and Kagemusha back, synch again. Fuuuuuu...

snipereighteen

I used to play and still do really...

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler=Complex Ruling Question = Experts Only Please]
Ok, so I was playing a practice game awhile ago, and an interesting thing happened to which I am unable to find a ruling on.
I use a Magical Arm Shield to take control of an opponents monster till the end of the turn, and he is unable to kill it. He then attacks my facedown Spear Cretin, which I use to bring back another Spear Cretin in my graveyard. He attacks that one with the new monster he gets, and the cycle continues until he can't summon any more monsters.

The question being thus: what happens to the monster I took control of? I am supposed to return it at the end of the turn, but he has no space for it on his side of the field.
Knowing the rules as I do, I know there is no ruling that implies it would go to my opponents graveyard, so I can then assume it would stay under my control indefinitely. (until control switches again of course)

I see no reason it would go any other way, but I've heard (from less informed individuals that don't know the rules as well as I do) that it would go to the graveyard.
Any other opinions on this matter?
Also, if anyone can find an official ruling, I'd be grateful. :D[/spoiler]

Edit: Also of interest, I shall post the deck I am using atm! :D
(note: if I don't have 3 of a good card, it's likely due to me not having another copy :<)
[spoiler=Mill Deck]Monsters
Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower x3
Pyramid Turtle x2
Mystic Tomato x3
Giant Rat x3
Zombie Master x2
Spear Cretin x2
Morphing Jar x2
Morphing Jar #2 x2
Sangan
Spirit Reaper
Destiny Hero - Defender

Magic
Gravekeeper's Servant x2
Book of Life
Ribbon of Rebirth
Monster Reborn
Pot of Avarice
Card Destruction x2
Zombie World
Terraforming x2

Traps
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x2
Sakuretsu Armor x3
Magical Arm Shield x2[/spoiler]

personitis

I'm a judge and this threw me for a few loops. My usual site I use to check up card rulings had an older writing then I found a new print which made it clear.

Magical Arm Shield
Activate only when your opponent declares an attack while you control a monster. Take control of 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters, except the attacking monster, until the end of the Battle Phase. It is attacked instead.

Note that everything underlined is the activation (and everything before is the cost). Because returning it is part of the activation, yes you would have to return the monster to them. In this scenario, since your opponent can't support any more monsters on field, and you MUST return the card, their extra monster is sent to the graveyard at the end of the Battle Phase.

And after calling this ruling, I did a little research if my own words weren't enough for ya': Similar scenario; 2nd post down.

squishy_ichigo

The question then would be, what the ruling would be for choosing this extra monster to send to the graveyard.

edit: I didn't know you were a judge Person! :D

edit2: After some deliberation, I concluded the most likely result would be the controlled monster returns to the original monster slot, and whatever monster is in that location is sent to the graveyard?

personitis

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on July 28, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
The question then would be, what the ruling would be for choosing this extra monster to send to the graveyard.

edit2: After some deliberation, I concluded the most likely result would be the controlled monster returns to the original monster slot, and whatever monster is in that location is sent to the graveyard?
I think I made it a tad unclear. The extra monster would be their monster you control. So when you have to return control, it goes the the grave.

QuoteI didn't know you were a judge Person! :D
Yup. :D

And now I'm kind of curious, what deck are you running that uses Spear C Just read your edit as well. I'm wondering why I see no Mystical Space Typhoons, a Book of Moon, and wondering why I see TWO Card Destruction. Card Destruction is limited to one and Book of Moon could help you reuse some of the flip effects.

Will edit for my deck in a minute...
[spoiler=Machina-Karakuri-Plant Synchro]
Monsters
x3 Machina Gearframe
x3 Machina Fortress
x1 Machina Force
x2 Karakuri Komachi Mdl 224 "Ninishi"
x2 Karakuri Ninja Mdl 919 "Kuick"
x2 Karakuri Watchdog Mdl 313 "Saizan"
x2 Karakuri Merchant Mdl 177 "Inashichi"
x1 Glow-Up Bulb
x1 Spore
x1 Dandylion
x1 Quillbold Hedgehog
x2 Swift Scarecrow

Spells
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Giant Trunade
x1 Book of Moon
x2 Pot of Avarice
x1 Foolish Burial
x1 One for One
x1 Mind Control
x1 Limiter Removal

Traps
x1 Solemn Judgment
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Call of the Haunted
x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Dimensional Prison

Extra Deck
x1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x1 Iron Chain Dragon
x1 Black Rose Dragon
x1 X-Saber Urbellum
x2 Stardust Dragon
x1 Red Dragon Archfiend
x1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x1 Red Nova Dragon
[/spoiler]

And for that, I'm still missing two Formula Synchrons, two of each of the Karakuri synchros, and one Scrap Dragon. I have the Shooting Star Dragon sitting in my binder. Also the main deck is under a litter reconsideration right now, but for the most part, that's what I run.

squishy_ichigo

Thanks for clarifying! :D

Welp, could have sworn Card Destruction wasn't on the limited list..... guess I read it wrong.
As for Book of the Moon, the only card in the deck that would benefit would be Morphing Jar #1, so I see little reason to add it in.

I constructed a spell counter deck as well, but with my limited card base, I find it to be a bit lacking. I need a few more copies of these cards. :<

personitis

Remember now, don't confuse Card Destruction with Hand Destruction. Card D. discard your entire hand and you draw cards equal to the amount you dropped. Hand D. makes both you and your opponent drop two and draw two.

personitis

Well, new ban list within the next two weeks. Very interesting. On top of that placed third at my local tourney today and pulled a $35 card. Cha-ching! :D

interdpth

Deck Help?

[Monsters 19]
2x Caius
1x Blackwinged Gale
1x Morphing Jar
3x Reborn Tengu
1x Psychic Commander
1x Cyber Dragon
2x D.D Warrior Lady
1x D.D. Assailant
2x D.D. Scout Plane
3x D.D. Survivor
2x Cyber Valley

[Traps 11]
2x Macro Cosmos
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Bottomless Traphole
1x Horn of Heaven
1x Magic Drain
1x Trap Dustshoot

[Magic 12]
3x Dimensional Fissure
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Smashing Ground
1x Book of Moon
1x Mind Control

[Extra Deck]
1x Brio
1x Trish
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Black Rose
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Leviair
1x Shine Elf
1x Utopia

I'm trying to trim down to 40, the shoot I threw in and haven't used it at all. I'm flipping between drain and darkbribe as a drain is -2 and -1 for me and bribe is +1 them -1 one me.

Anyone wanna help? :p

Malpercio

This is only more than a month dead again, that's no big deal, right? xD
So, how does this look?
I was too lazy to separate the fusion/extra deck from the rest of it but it'll be obvious who's the extra deck

[spoiler="Deck"]
Monsters
2x V-Tiger Jet
2x W-Wing Catapult
2x X-Head Cannon
2x Y-Dragon Head
2x Z-Metal Tank
1x XY-Dragon Cannon
1x YZ-Tank Dragon
1x XZ-Tank Cannon
1x XYZ-Dragon Cannon
1x VW-Tiger Catapult
1x VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon
2x Machina Peacekeeper
2x Honest
2x Jade Knight
2x Cyber Eltanin
2x Shining Angel
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Sangan
1x Summoner Monk

Spells
2x Frontline Base
2x Dimension Explosion
1x Limiter Removal
3x Combination Attack
1x Luminous Spark
1x Machine Assembly Line

Traps
1x Return from the Different Dimension
2x Roll Out
2x Formation Union
1x Ultimate Offering
[/spoiler]

Scyzer

Quote from: Scyzer on April 01, 2010, 01:44:48 AM
[spoiler=Old deck]
Monsters x27
Thousand-Eyes Idol
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Red-Eyes B. Chick
Red-Eyes B. Dragon
Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon
Element Dragon
The Dragon Dwelling In The Cave
Luster Dragon [x2]
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning
Masked Dragon [x3]
Armed Dragon LV3 [x2]
Armed Dragon LV5
Armed Dragon LV7
Ryu Kokki [x2]
Despair From The Dark [x2]
Double Coston
A Man With Wdjat
Man-Eater Bug
Pyramid Turtle [x2]
Vampire Lady

Spells x16
Pot Of Greed
Creature Swap [x2]
Stamping Destruction
Reload [x2]
Swords Of Revealing Light
The Graveyard In The Fourth Dimension
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon [x2]
Metamorphosis
Mausoleum Of The Emperor
Nobleman Of Crossout
Giant Trunade
Call Of The Mummy

Traps x9
Dragon's Rage
Ceasefire
Curse Of Anubis
Interdimensional Matter Transporter
The Dragon's Bead
Dust Tornado
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Trap Hole
Fairy Box
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=New deck]
Monsters x23
Alexandrite Dragon [x2]
Masked Dragon [x3]
Armed Dragon LV3 [x3]
Armed Dragon LV5 [x3]
Armed Dragon LV7 [x2]
Armed Dragon LV10 [x2]
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon [x2]
Element Dragon [x3]
Genesis Dragon
Phantom Of Chaos [x2]

Spells x7
Level Modulation [x2]
Stamping Destruction [x2]
Card Trader [x2]
Monster Reborn

Traps x15
Dragon's Rage [x2]
Interdimensional Matter Transporter [x2]
Call Of The Haunted [x3]
Metalmorph [x3]
Nightmare Wheel [x3]
Draining Shield
Magic Cylinder
[/spoiler]

Malpercio

This, I could've asked a long time ago, but thoughts on the whole concept of syncro summons and all that?
For some reason, the capacity for games to easily end in a span of time so short that seconds isn't a completely unwieldy way to measure it kinda kills the game for me.

personitis

Synchron summons were only busted when the three banned ones were around. I recently quit however due to how mindless it is to drop a XYZ monster. Similar concept to synchros, but you put monster of the same level on top of another and they become material for a XYZ monster, for those who don't know. On top of the game getting a huge boost in draw power for everydeck, a set of cards which prevent you from keeping a hand, a field, or even both, and killing off my favorite deck via ban list. Game got boring anyways. Started getting expensive if you wanted a good deck.

Malpercio

Oh right, XYZ monsters.
Which I found out about when googling for good things to have in a VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon deck, because the XYZ were pretty much the only results for about five pages.