News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Mirrortroid (Formerly Chocolate Super Metroid)

Started by BuggMann, October 15, 2020, 03:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuggMann

So this is polished up with a few of the rougher edges smoothed out, including Tourian being flipped.

WISH LIST -

Flipped Boss Fights - If anyone has the knowhow and the patience to write flipped boss AI (Ceres Ridley/Ridley, Crocomire, Baby Metroid, Mother Brain) that would put the cherry on top of this thing but, I have no interest in learning to do so myself, so will otherwise go undone. Thank you to the VARIA Randomizer team And theonlydude for flipping the boss fights and for fixing so many of the issues with this hack!

Credit for the Kraid fight goes to Metaquarius - thank you for being a genius and making my life better

Credit for the Phantoon door fix goes to ouichegeante - thank you for being incredible

If you find any errors or have ideas for improvement, just let me know :)

Metaquarius

I don't see any chocolate. :/

Ideas for improvements:
> find a better hack name
> actually finish the hack (unlike SM Rotation ie mirror everything that wasn't mirrored: bosses, hud, etc)
> second save file should be mirrorred on x axis, third save file should be mirrorred on both axis
> make patches for bsnes tallscreen/widescreen

Sapphron

Download link on main site must be a direct link like this: https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5271.0;attach=5590 not a link to the forum. Once fixed, will be approved.

andlabs

Error: the gray doorcap in the Morphing Ball room doesn't unlock when you kill the Giant Sidehoppers.

Is the name a reference to Chocolate Doom?