News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month: August 2020

Started by VacantShadeGames, August 12, 2020, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should win ROTM for August 2020

Catalyst
6 (24%)
DigitalMantra
13 (52%)
MetroidNerd
4 (16%)
VacantShadeGames
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

VacantShadeGames

Wrecked Ship Cargo Hold made with the Room Studio of Metroid Planets:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="Animated"][/spoiler]

Using the momentum from the Conveyor Belts in the middle, it is possible to make the jumps without Highjump.

Catalyst

The Ductworks. Created with the room studio in Metroid Planets.

[spoiler][/spoiler] Room image.

MetroidNerd#9001

This room appears in a hack that has been released, but this particular state is exclusive to a version that has not yet been released, so it is still a WIP hack. I love this palette blend.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

OneOf99

~Room of the Month Voting~

Wow, congrats to Moehr for winning a superior majority of the votes for July! This month we have a lot less rooms to choose from, so make sure you spend your vote wisely...  :whoa:

[spoiler=Catalyst][/spoiler]
[spoiler=DigitalMantra][/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd][/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShadeGames][/spoiler]

Miranda Gemini

Voting for DMan because he listened to me and changed the palette on his doors.

VacantShadeGames

Really nice rooms!

[spoiler=Catalyst]There's a lot going on here, and it's all well done! The detail in all of the pipes is amazing, and I've seen from playing it that it makes really cool use of the layout to allow you to climb back up the room with Morph and Bombs. The collapsing force fields on the left are also a really clever use of the game mechanics. Very nice job![/spoiler]
[spoiler=DigitalMantra]The atmosphere you've developed here is really nice! The layout/platforming also looks fun to play even though it seems more like a room for storytelling/theming, so well done with that! Obviously a lot of detail went into it, and it came out great![/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd]Solid room! Classic Tilesets, but used very well together, and the room has some interesting platforming. I like how some of the spikes are covered, giving the idea that the area has changed/collapsed over time. Though maybe there is something more to it mechanically in game? Would be interesting to see![/spoiler]