News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Y-Faster 2 Fast

Started by Metaquarius, April 09, 2020, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metaquarius

@DonnyDonovan : Glad you changed your mind about the hack!

I have been reading some main site reviews, you can't address those directly so I am doing it here:

Quotethis hack didn't have new areas to explore and rather was recycled bad content
I found this comment is a bit contradictory, especially from someone who played only one of the five hacks. Sure, a lot of rooms takes existing level design chunks and hallmarks with a new spin but that's pretty much the point.

QuoteThe escape left something to be desired, it was a good "callback" but I expected more from the grand finale of a hack like this.
Not sure what you did expect. The meat of the hack is those five areas you have to complete fast. The ending section is not really interesting since the challenge is already over at this point. Kill the brain, escape, you are done. To be honest, I was almost tempted to make a 4 second escape just like the first y-faster, quick and clean. :heheh:

QuoteThe percentage is 101% for all items, I guess :/
Well... is 101% a bad thing? It is intended for [spoiler]absolute legends[/spoiler]

QuoteVery good hack but the time limit almost ruined it for me. Dying instantly is a harsh punishment for taking time to explore the map (a worse ending would be better imo)
You don't have time to explore the map, that was made clear in the hack description. Don't get me wrong, I gave a lot of thoughts about this issue but could not come up with a satisfying solution. A worse ending is still an ending and might give the impression the hack is over while it's not. You are meant to learn from your first failure and do it again much faster.

QuoteAnother thing I think could be better about the hack would be making each area self-contained.
Each area is self-contained. I made sure of that. The Norfair area is definitely not a good candidate for the first area though.  :nope:

Metaquarius

I'm bumping this topic just to make a quick announcement.
The news is that Y-Faster 2 Fast is actually the first part of the YF2 project. A second part was supposed to be released within the same year but the whole thing has been delayed. Fast forward to present day : Y-Faster 2 Furious has finally entered beta-testing phase and is set out to be released soon. For the record, my beta-tester died shortly after entering the So Little area, and that wasn't even his first area... did I go too far? Time will tell. :heheh:
Anyway, stay tuned. I shall post a separate thread whenever the hack does come out.

DonnyDonovan

Oh geez.  When I first read the post I read it too fast and thought your beta tester literally DIED.  Thank god I read it again because I was freaked out there for a bit.

RT-55J

2 Y-Faster 2s? Why, that's hardly a reason to be furious!

I'm gonna guess that besides So Lyttle, the other worlds will be [spoiler]Erys, Ayry, Stardyst, and maybe (possibly (longshot (who knows???))) Aegys[/spoiler]

Sickwood

Another Y2 entry!!! Awesome. What a great and unexpected announcement. Def looking forward to this or anything by Meta actually. I even enjoyed SM Federation Force and paid $99 to someone online in the Ukraine

Metaquarius

Quote from: Sickwood on June 26, 2021, 10:35:29 AM
Another Y2 entry!!! Awesome. What a great and unexpected announcement. Def looking forward to this or anything by Meta actually. I even enjoyed SM Federation Force and paid $99 to someone online in the Ukraine
:grin:
That reminds me SM Federation Force is not even available on the main site. I shall submit it soon.

Arc

The super secret girl can't be seen.
[spoiler]I think that it may relate to remain time.
I arrive at the right of boss room in Darkholme Hospital with more than two hours remaining.
But There is nothing.[/spoiler]
Is there anything else I should do?

Metaquarius

Quote from: Arc on June 04, 2023, 01:10:55 AM
The super secret girl can't be seen.
[spoiler]I think that it may relate to remain time.
I arrive at the right of boss room in Darkholme Hospital with more than two hours remaining.
But There is nothing.[/spoiler]
Is there anything else I should do?
To meet the Super Secret Girl, you must reach her hideout extremely fast.
[spoiler]which is indeed located deep down in Darkholme Hospital[/spoiler]
Timer condition can be seen using X-Ray Scope Homenag visor.

Arc

Quote from: Metaquarius on June 04, 2023, 08:02:29 AM
Timer condition can be seen using X-Ray Scope Homenag visor.
I didn't recognized hidden figures.
Although It's rather far to speed up a few more minutes, I'll try again.
Thank you for the reply.