News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[Playtesting] Super Metroid EP - V0.03 (Alpha version) (SNES)

Started by Ei sielua, April 10, 2020, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ei sielua

Hello :^_^:
This is my third hack i made. It was a part of a local arts and video game exhibit. However this game was never played during the event only shown as part of a picture slide show.
I am looking for about 5 people for a alpha test off my rom hack: Super Metroid EP (Super Metroid - SNES) :O_o:

*One person that have played Super Metroid not more than once.
*One person who have beeten the game 1 or more times.
*One person who have played Super Metroid plenty of times before.
*One person that can test it on original NTSC-U hardware. (It is based on a PAL rom. So it might not work)
*One person / speedrunner that can look for bugs / exploits.

(If it is possible. Not required.) :nowai:

That will help me greatly to see how hard the game is for non experienced players and pro's. My english is not the best but i will try my best to guide and help. This is my third rom hack :blush: Any help will be appreciated.  :heheh:

Thank you  :^_^:

Current version is: V0.03 (Alpha) :^_^: Compared to previuse rom hacks you will recive a alpha rom (not final release rom). To help development before release. Please don't share alpha versions of the game. :pale:

Please remove any old ips version of the game :blush:

Sapphron

I'd be interested in testing your hack, I fall into the third and fifth categories. And one thing, what were your first two hacks? Don't think I've heard your name before...
Edit: Also, if you have a Discord account let me know. It's much easier to communicate on that.

Ei sielua

Nice :yay: Thanks for quick response  :^_^:
Only thing i am curious about is how do i share the patch since the rules say:

Recognized Forum Crimes • Agreement

Felonies:
1. No warez - That means no links.

:pwuh:

Usually i upload it to medafire. :O_o: But i don't know how to proceed. :nowai:

EDIT: They are up for testing also but on another site :nod: What is discord?  :pwuh:

Sapphron

So, to fix this issue of not being able to upload the ROM, you use something called Lunar IPS. https://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/download/lips102.zip It allows you to create a "patch" that can be applied to the vanilla game so people can play it. It gets rid of copyright issues.
Secondly, Discord is a text application where people can talk and form groups about their favorite games and such. Metroid Construction has a big discord group, on the main page. If you were to download it and make an account, it'd be very useful for communication. My ID is Sapphron#2557 https://discordapp.com
If you have a .ips patch, you can share that. "No Warez" means no linking to roms because they're copyrighted material.

Ei sielua

So i can link you to the to patch without getting banned? :neutral:
Well i guess i need to get a discord :blush: Don't people use Skype anymore? :eyeroll:

Thanks for your help :^_^:

EDIT: I have sent you a pm :^_^: I also got a discord :heheh: