News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Is it possible to change the aiming in trilogy?

Started by DandyDNA, July 05, 2018, 04:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyDNA

So that one can comfortably play the trilogy with a keyboard and mouse. A crude way would be to change the deadzone for turning /tilting so that any cursor movement will turn/tilt the camera. With this method you'd have to make projectiles always fire towards the centre of the screen regardless of cursor position.

mccad

Quote from: DandyDNA on July 05, 2018, 04:45:17 AM
So that one can comfortably play the trilogy with a keyboard and mouse. A crude way would be to change the deadzone for turning /tilting so that any cursor movement will turn/tilt the camera. With this method you'd have to make projectiles always fire towards the centre of the screen regardless of cursor position.

I don't think this would work because the camera moves based on the cursor position on screen, not the cursors movement. Having the cursor on the edge of the screen causes continuous sliding, instead of how a the camera in a mouse based shooter would normally pan. work.

DandyDNA

So shrinking the deadzone for camera movement should fix this?

mccad

Quote from: DandyDNA on July 05, 2018, 11:50:16 AM
So shrinking the deadzone for camera movement should fix this?
I doubt it, because that wouldn't change the camera sliding controls. You would still need to recenter your mouse to stop the camera from moving regardless of deadzone. You're better off either getting used to the vanilla camera controls or figuring out how to modify it more heavily

Jiffy

PrimeHack is an emulator mod to allow mouse aiming to work properly. The aim is locked to the centre such that any movement will always move the camera. Beams and Visors are all assigned to buttons, and the FOV can be changed.

https://youtu.be/lZJm7TrEr5I