News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Stackable beams

Started by biospark, September 12, 2015, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biospark

Certain bosses need to be altered so that they can be damaged by more things (Zazabi, SA-X, and probably others). I'll get around to it eventually.

FelixWright

Second stage SA-X can take DMG from beams. Omega does not take damage.

Thirteen1355

I'm sorry for bumping, but with the MAGE editor Biospark made, it's really easy to make the SA-X get damage from other Beam combinations than the one you fight him with normally (Wave, Wide, Plasma, Charge).

biospark

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on August 25, 2016, 08:41:18 PM
I'm sorry for bumping, but with the MAGE editor Biospark made, it's really easy to make the SA-X get damage from other Beam combinations than the one you fight him with normally (Wave, Wide, Plasma, Charge).
MAGE lets you change what weapons can damage an enemy, not what beams. Pretty sure that's hardcoded for certain bosses.

Thirteen1355

I know, but in the enemy menu of the SA-X, it shows he cannot be hit by any weapon at all. So that's one of the hardcoded ones. But, checking the 'Charged Beam' option in that menu overrides that code.
Then, the SA-X should take damage from any charged Beam.

I actually fight him with Charge Beam only (no other abilities at all), in order to make him more challenging.

Swordsmage

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I had a suggestion, or at least a request. What about making the ice beam top priority? That would guarantee that all of the beams have the ice trail, and personally I like how it looked the most in the game. The plasma beam is honestly annoying to edit because of how it mirrors its graphics to make itself look longer. The ice beam looks like it'd be easier to tweak to someone's preference.

ZebesianScientist

Sorry for this bump, but does anyone have the Stackable Beams file?
I need it to replace a copy of my Metroid Fusion: Special Edition's charge beam. I like the original planned one better.