News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Mage Energy tank increasing

Started by catroid, November 08, 2021, 05:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catroid

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the maximum amount of Energy tanks, missles, super missles, and power bombs that can be carryed at the same time. After a certain amount picked up the number does not go up any more even after picking up more. I am using Mage

caauyjdp

You can't change that from mage(afaik), but you can with a hex editor.
At file offset 3459A0 is a table that lists etanks/missile/super/pb packs per area(in order that they are in mage too). Those affect item counts shown on the map screen in new game+. Eight "area" in that table(offset 3459BC) is maximum tanks in the whole game that game checks for the purposes of capping the pickups.
So, you should edit that table, since you probably hopefully want tanks per area to be correct anyway
Or you could do some other editing to just remove the cap checks, posted by captglitch in magconst
Quote0x5ABF8 = 90 42 to 01 E0 ;Removes missile cap.
0x5ACA4 = 90 42 to 00 E0 ;Removes 30 super missile cap.
0x5ACF8 = 90 42 to 00 E0 ;Removes 18 powerbomb cap.
Also, obligatory, join magconst discord, where we can just point you at tweaks channel, and not have to log in to the forum and make a post :p

catroid

Do you have a link? Also where do I copy the edit. I am not very good with mage and have only really figured out clipdata. I also had problems with doors. Thank you.