News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid 3 Advance

Started by alexman25, February 16, 2020, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

What's this? Another person starting a project to recreate Super Metroid in Zero Mission?

Yes.

Will this one actually get finished?

Likely.

This is a bit less ambitious than other projects of a similar nature, in hopes that I'll actually be able to finish it that way.

Here's the goal of the hack: Recreate Super Metroid as best as I can without major ASM/OAM modifications.

This isn't a remake or a port, it's a world design translation if that at all makes sense.

Screenshots
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Here is a demo. It ends at the second boss encountered. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/438880977079631883/678667930816479300/M3A_D1.ips

Heads up, the demo doesn't work on VBA yet. This is being rectified.

Metroid Violinist

Well made demo. There were a few tiling errors here and there, but I'm sure you'll fix them before v1.0 release- I can confirm that this hack works on both mGBA and VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3

Unseen Brain

Tried it on mGBA but I just get a black screen after the intro text. Version 0.5.0.0

Multi-Man

Use the newest mGBA i tried that and it works well.

Steel Sparkle

Neat demo, can't wait to see what becomes of this. Good luck :)

dewhi100

Doing a low-complexity approximation is a huge, huge point in favor of this hack being released. People tend to get hung up on the "missing" pieces of the game they're referencing, leading to frustration and burnout. Looking forward to updates on this.