News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - December 2019

Started by Moehr, December 13, 2019, 05:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

Moehr
0 (0%)
suku
0 (0%)
Cloud18
2 (7.7%)
MetroidNerd#9001
1 (3.8%)
Aran;Jaeger
0 (0%)
dewhi100
4 (15.4%)
Miranda Gemini
1 (3.8%)
Digital_Mantra
3 (11.5%)
VacantShadeGames
5 (19.2%)
albert v.
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Moehr

more something different
[spoiler][/spoiler]

suku

[spoiler=submission uses transparency so its the in-game version][/spoiler]
[spoiler=room in smile][/spoiler]
[spoiler=I DONT CARE IF IT WAS A JOKE JIFFY I'M POSTING IT ANYWAYS YOU CANT STOP ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/127475613073145858/655800489828548618/layer1.BMP
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/127475613073145858/655800511861358603/layer2.BMP[/spoiler]

Cloud20

Experimental stuff ahead:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Don't know if video are still valid for submitting:
[spoiler]https://youtu.be/OHM9HknPz-8[/spoiler]

MetroidNerd#9001

I am continuing to make progress in my hack's development, and I'm onto sandy Maridia! I didn't get to work with this tileset that much in Recovery, so this is a bit new, but I hope it turned out well!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

The only suggestion that springs to mind is to alter the linearity of the ledge alignment up the left-hand side. Adjusting one or two of their edges by a tile might break it up a bit more.

MetroidNerd#9001

Thanks for the suggestion. I've gone ahead and updated my submission. It's a minor change, but I think it helps.

Aran;Jaeger

It is Christmas, so here's something for it, but otherwise beware of spoiler preview:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

dewhi100

Tallon IV Ice Ruins (East and West):
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Not in picture: Chozo Santa

Miranda Gemini

in the interest of more submissions, i don't think i ever entered this one
merry christmas
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Quietus

A spark effect or two from the Wrecked Ship could be cool here. Maybe not the falling ones though.

VacantShadeGames

New tools added to the Room Studio of Metroid Planets, and a new room to showcase them! ( Enemies + Items )
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Moehr

albert v.

One of the smallest rooms using an reworked tileset, this room was already made using the old yellow dirt i made back in 2018, it was too yellow and didn't fitted with the rest of the tiles so, i end up making some changes:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In game: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Happy New year!

Miranda Gemini

Hey and welcome to the last Room of the Month for 2019!
We've got a (belated) Christmas Miracle; me posting this on behalf of the contest mods who are both currently unable to! Let's see if I remember how to do this.

Last month, Digital_Mantra won a tightly contested vote with a beautiful elevator through some funky depth-deceiving caverns:
[spoiler=Last Month's Winner]

[/spoiler]

In a secondary miracle, we had 10 submissions for December's competition!
[spoiler=Moehr][/spoiler]
[spoiler=suku][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud18][/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd#9001][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aran;Jaeger][/spoiler]
[spoiler=dewhi100][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Miranda Gemini][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Digital_Mantra][/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShadeGames][/spoiler]
[spoiler=albert v.][/spoiler]

Who's going to take the final contest for the decade? Will DMan go back-to-back, or can another competitor dethrone him? You decide, Metconst!
Next month hopefully we'll return to our regularly scheduled broadcasting by someone more competent.

albert v.

That background DM!
and those rusty tiles! pff

I'll call that, perfect tiling!

Sapphron

dewhi's room is gorgeous, love his style. looks so alien and unusual

dewhi100

There were so many gorgeous rooms in December. I wish we had ranked voting so that all creators could get their deserved props.

Quote from: Sapphron on January 03, 2020, 01:43:36 PM
dewhi's room is gorgeous, love his style. looks so alien and unusual

Thanks!

Cloud20

Albert V is my favorite one for this month. I really love the cavern organic feel of it.  :^_^:

benox50

Torn between the beautiful next gen looking albert and the one of a kind dewhi outdoor.
Finally voted dewhi !

Miranda Gemini

Gonna bring back this tradition:
[spoiler=Moehr]Biggest criticism is that it's quite repetitive, and it looks a little strange that only some of the bricks fade off at the wall. You could definitely do some work to change those second rows to give the edges a smoother feel. Love the palette though, and the more organic additions to the tileset.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Squish]Wowee that's a pretty room. Especially love the crazy stuff you did with layering and transparency to make it work. Really impressive stuff! The only thing I don't like is that tileset, but you've done great work to give it a nice outdoorsy feel.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloudy]I have no idea what's going on but I'm curious about whatever you're working on. It's just not an eyecandy room though.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Metnerd]Very vanilla. Nothing wrong with that but it's not super special. Good construction, the one grapple tile on the right hand side of the room is really out of place though. You might do better to bring more of the metallic constructed stuff across to help it flow better.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Eddy]I want some of what you're on.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dewhi]It's a really cool room, but for me it's really hard to tell what's in the foreground/background. For example I can't see how the left and right hand sides of the room connect. I imagine it looks better in game but it's hard to tell from the screenshot. I really love the depth in the background though, and your use of layers outdoes my onioning abilities.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirandingus]Random room I ripped from Sunshine? I just love Crateria and glows.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dip Manaka]God I love this room, the background is incredible, looks, as you described, like a proper circuit board. I love how everything seems to fit together perfectly. You outdo yourself every time man.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade]M1 shouldn't be able to be this beautiful but here you go proving me wrong. I honestly adore this so much, and your use of colour is extremely on point, even with the palette limitations given. Looks better than most 16-bit stuff I've seen.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Alberto]Glad to see you taking the advice you were given to improve this tileset. This is really gorgeous. I especially love how organic everything feels, like the hallway itself is slowly coming to life to devour you...[/spoiler]
There were a handful I really loved here, but had to give my vote to VacantShadeGaming. Doing stuff with M1 that I barely thought was possible, looks super lush and makes me wanna jump in and explore.